• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EIM has gone Masshole?

Comment

I'm in Boston. Wicked smaht.

Comment

Paul Allen, the co-founder of Microsoft, and owner of both the Seahawks and the NBA’s Portland Trailblazers, died of cancer today.

As a result, both teams are expected to be sold.

Comment

Khan just pulled his offer to buy Wembley

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
            How bout them Pats eh?
            No, Chris...just...no.

Comment

A couple of potentially very dim novice questions :

a) how are the Titans going to win with a quarterback who mostly can’t or won’t throw the ball

b) what on earth did they think were they doing at the end there?!

I realise the answer to a) may be part of the reason for b)

Really enjoyable game, mind.
              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 21-10-2018, 18:42.

Comment

That was actually Mariota's second best passing game of the season, which might be a large part of the answer. The Titans appear to have a very ground-based offence for the contemporary NFL.

In other news, who knew that Jon Gruden was the second coming of Wayne Huizenga?

Comment

I take it that there is an NFL game in London this weekend. The hotel I'm in is full of big blokes wearing merch (fans, not players, though each and every one of them looks like they have the body mass to be a linebacker)

Comment

I have stumbled across the fact that I get 'NFL Redzone' as free to air on my fellating-Rupert channels package (I don't get any of the other SKY sports channels, so it was a surprise).

Have enjoyed seeing an hour or two every Sunday but it is so relentless i can't keep up, and always have an early Monday start. Finally got to see Saints (my team) last week, after wondering why they had never featured before (timezones, i guess).

My main observation is neither tactical nor 'glad to see x doing well' but that so many players now have long braided locks out the back of their helmets.

Comment

Sky Sports Mix has an arseload of NFL content. I had to downsize my cable package, we were simply spending too much money for not a massive amount of sport* (plus you can stream half of this stuff anyway), but almost all of the NFL content on Sky besides live games makes it onto Mix.

In addition to the Redzone, which is great, they have condensed one-hour highlights of all the games they show live on Sky Sports Action or whatever the next day. They also show much of their NFL Films content on there. I highly recommend the America's Game series on the Super Bowl champions, A Football Life, and the NFL's Greatest Games series. NFL Films has a somewhat bombastic presenting style, but they suck you in because they're really good at it.

* I should really write something about the almost-Catholic sense of guilt I have about not watching more rugby, a sport I probably loved (and played) more than any other sport at one time in my life.

Comment

I’d generally rather watch rugby, of either code, than American football - even though I don’t have any strong rooting interest or even understand all the rules - because there aren’t so many damn commercials.

Comment

So, you know that Kaepernick collusion suit?

Comment

The Cleveland Browns have issued a statement denying a report that they are considering Condoleezza Rice for the head coach role.

Comment

At long long long last the Packers get rid of hapless McCarthy. Too little too late but still the right call. Should have been 2 seasons ago.

Comment

Out of 20 people, myself and one other person are the only ones still in a survivor pool at my office. We are allowed one strike, and she and I are both on one strike (I was undefeated until the Chargers lost to the Broncos). $100 to the winner. The bad news is that all of my unpicked teams next week have terrible matchups, so I have no clue who to pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynnie View Post
                                  Sky Sports Mix has an arseload of NFL content. I had to downsize my cable package, we were simply spending too much money for not a massive amount of sport* (plus you can stream half of this stuff anyway), but almost all of the NFL content on Sky besides live games makes it onto Mix.

In addition to the Redzone, which is great, they have condensed one-hour highlights of all the games they show live on Sky Sports Action or whatever the next day. They also show much of their NFL Films content on there. I highly recommend the America's Game series on the Super Bowl champions, A Football Life, and the NFL's Greatest Games series. NFL Films has a somewhat bombastic presenting style, but they suck you in because they're really good at it.

* I should really write something about the almost-Catholic sense of guilt I have about not watching more rugby, a sport I probably loved (and played) more than any other sport at one time in my life.
                                  I love the America's Game series, the Lost Rings episodes are brilliant as well, especially the early 90s Bills and the 98 Vikings.

Redzone has become my Sunday night staple for the first lot of games, I usually turn it off after they finish because the Redskins (my team) tend to play in that slot. That being said, when they are in the late slot, as there's only 3-4 games you see pretty much the whole game. No ads either, which is amazing.

I only really got into NFL last year having had cursory glances at it since I was a kid. Redzone got me completely hooked though and I probably watch more NFL now than I do top flight football. The only thing I watch more of is darts.

Comment

Patriots at the Dolphins.

Maximum arfage.

Fans everywhere celebrate.

Comment

I've always said a decent Rugby League side would go and take this lot on and piss through them.

Comment

There's a tiny spark of hope left for a Pennsylvania double. Which means absolute certainty the Vikings and Ravens will get in.

Comment

Eric Reid, the only active player in the collusion case, subjected to a frequency of drug testing with 0.195% probability given how the drug test rules are supposed to work

Comment

Hmmm

Comment

Ravens, Texans, Seahawks and Eagles by the way. Don't really believe the latter, but hope springs eternal.

Comment

Of course, Kurt’s prayer pick is the only one that comes through.

Absolutely brutal loss by Da Bears.

Comment

Brutal is the right word, there's some suggestion that an Eagle managed to get fingertips onto the kick. Either way, you have to feel for the kicker who has to come to terms with that.

Comment

Have often wondered if it had any effect or not, but certainly showed last night that icing the kicker does sometimes work. Have to feel for Parkey a bit, but it is part and parcel of the kickers duties to land the pressure points. Apparently that's the sixth time this season he's struck the upright with a kick and I'm sure there was a game earlier in the season where he missed 4 kicks.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X