Blackkklansman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackkklansman

Watched it, loved it. Read an interview with the real Ron Stallworth and he said that it wasn't hard for a black man to infiltrate the KKK, mainly due to the fact that "they weren't very bright". And that - unlike with most movies 'based on actual events' - 90% of what is portrayed in the film is accurate.

I've not seen Blackkklansman yet but Boots Riley's political critque both of the source material and of Spike Lee's artistic choices of it is worth reading.

http://twitter.com/BootsRiley/status...75674447212544
    Last edited by Bizarre Löw Triangle; 27-08-2018, 10:02.

Comment

That perspective was definitely worth reading too - thanks, BLT. So I guess it has to be viewed at best as a work of semi-fiction after all.

Comment

[spoiler]I saw it last night. It was good but without the punches of the first scene and the last I think it would have felt just frothy. A tale of dedicated, moral policemen against a comedically drawn bad guys. It's beautifully shot but I do wonder about putting all the unsympathetic police actions into just one character.[/spoiler]

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
          That perspective was definitely worth reading too - thanks, BLT. So I guess it has to be viewed at best as a work of semi-fiction after all.
          It sounds a lot more like a whitewashing of the FBI's Cointelpro program than anything else.

Comment

Saw it last night and was disappointed. There were good lead and support performances but it was slow to the point of being plodding, lacked drama & tension and was just cartoony in places - including a Scooby Do ending.

I expected a lot better from some superlative reviews and the trailer (I know, trailers lie).
            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 14-09-2018, 13:25.

Comment

Working...
            X