Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooo...fancy-man.

Comment

I'm going to Edinburgh, fella, not Monte Carlo...

Comment

I'm a possible, will confirm asap

Comment

I'm maybe...

Comment

Anybody have a favourite pub they would like to nominate? I'll be staying in the King's Cross /Russell Square area but as I m central it's easy enough to travel

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
              Anybody have a favourite pub they would like to nominate? I'll be staying in the King's Cross /Russell Square area but as I m central it's easy enough to travel
              I'm a fan of The Sols Arms in Euston Centre. I haven't been there for 30 years, and it closed ten years ago, but it's good.

Comment

I’m working till midnight :-(

Comment

Apart from trad OTF fave The Lamb, the Lord John Russell on Marchmont Street and the nearby McGlynns Free House are decent options in the Kings Cross/Bloomsbury area (if slightly old mannish is your thing).

I'm heading on to see Stuff You Just Don't Get thread favourite Lawrence as Go-Kart Mozart at The Moth Club in Hackney later, which tickets are astonishingly still available for.

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post
                    I’m working till midnight :-(
                    Keep those eyes on the prize but hope the work/life balance is realigned before too long.

Did you make it along to The Globe tonight? I threw in the towel after six hours standing up (2/3rds uncomfortably slow shuffling) during the day on top of failing to adequately nail a demonstration-to-performance-art-spectacle wardrobe option.

Comment

Nah, really not going out at the moment. The Moth Club gig looks good. I’ve just done some invoicing for the day job and some accounts for my own limited company. Fun fun fun :-(

Comment

Goddamn paperwork! Dirty Harry was right all along. Apart from the shooting people left, right and centre for often tenuous reasons.

Comment

I’m trying to stop that.

Comment

PM for AH. Godless Gower Street or nearby the venue?

Comment

I've taken an executive decision to stick with the Lamb. Assuming no problems with my flight, I'll aim to get there 6.30-7ish. Hope that works for people. If not i'll just sit there and look at my phone like all the young people do.

Comment

Works for me. The Lamb, not looking at my phone.

Comment

Final bump for The Lamb tomorrow.

Comment

Has DM seen this?

Comment

Dunno. She's been keeping a lowish profile recently? Very welcome if she does, though.

Comment

Will text her, was meaning to meet up, but *work*.

Comment

Can't make this, but will be in London on the 9th if anyone wants a fight before New Order.

Comment

Morņing all. I'll be the guy reading the WC guide WSC

Comment

Again, I'd love to but again life gets in the way. I'm at my Mum's in Pumpkinkand with the cub overnight.

Comment

Plane currently 2 1/2 hours delayed. Annoying (in the extreme) but should just about be OK to be there at 7

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                                                  I'm at my Mum's in Pumpkinkand with the cub overnight.
                                                  I hope you're not unrealistically raising the boy's expectations by referring to it as Pumpkinland in front of him a week before Hallowe'en.

I should be at the pub from about half six onwards, back issue in hand.

Comment

I'll be very surprised if I am there before 7 but should be close to that time. Boarding now. Probably land around 4.30 (depending on how long the circling time is at LHR), get bags, etc tube to King's Cross. Drop bag at hotel. 7 is about right.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X