Londthon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Londthon

The best evening for me to finally make it down to London is next Saturday. Now I know you're all hip young trendy urbanites for whom Saturday night is no doubt filled with opportunities and invitations, but I hope that at least one or two would be up for a pint or two somewhere. (I'll need to get a train out of King's Cross at the end of the evening so somewhere like the Lamb would be ideal, but I am sure even I, the wide-eyed provincial, can make it to where I need to be without too much effort. So am more than willing to go with other suggestions if that suits.

Cant make it myself but have a good 'un

Comment

Bumping this up just in case. It's come to my attention that this is a bank holiday weekend which might make aiming for a Saturday evening meet up even more futile

Comment

I'm going to a thing at the Dome on Saturday afternoon but it looks like it'll be over by 5pm, so should be able to make it.

Comment

I'll be at Wembley till at least 5 so I'm not going to be anywhere more central until 7ish

Comment

Where are you going pre-match?

Comment

Not sure yet. Some of our number will be arriving at King's Cross / St Pancras and others at Euston. I guess we'll meet up first and then head over together. What's a good pub in the vicinity of the stadium?

Comment

We've taken to going beyond Wembley and up to Harrow or Pinner. (3 times in eight years...)

Comment

Rats, having led the charge for a Londthon, I'm on BH triggered family duty on Saturday.

Are you going to the Challenge Cup Final, ah? I had hoped to be there but the St Helens team had other ideas.

Comment

I don't think we have any plans, but I shall check with P. Otherwise as the Jackson Five would sing "I'll be there."

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post

Are you going to the Challenge Cup Final, ah? I had hoped to be there but the St Helens team had other ideas.
                      Yes as mentioned on the RL thread that's my destination on Saturday afternoon. My brother's father in law was a big Warrington fan and bought tickets for various family members (my brother and his family, and his son and grandson on that side) months ago way before knowing if Warrington were likely to be in the final. Tragically he passed away suddenly about 3 months ago, and I am attending in his stead. It will no doubt be quite an emotional day as well, hopefully, as some fun too. Having me there is probably preferable to having an empty seat.

Comment

With the Challenge Cup almost inevitably featuring at least one side from the NW, it’s not the best weekend for Euston to be closed, is it?

Comment

Apparently were going to the theatre. However it's an early show so I might still be on, but don't rely in it.
                          Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                            With the Challenge Cup almost inevitably featuring at least one side from the NW, it’s not the best weekend for Euston to be closed, is it?
                            I know. Apparently there's some route to Wembley that involves getting off the train in Milton Keynes. I don't really know how it works

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                              I know. Apparently there's some route to Wembley that involves getting off the train in Milton Keynes. I don't really know how it works
                              There's probably going to be a door, some steps, and a station platform. Maybe an announcement on the train too?

Comment

Have a nice time in our lovely city.

I’m off to do at the Groucho tonight.

Comment

No one's going to show up are they? Fortunately I am currently in a positive frame of mind which ensures I view this with equanimity

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                    No one's going to show up are they? Fortunately I am currently in a positive frame of mind which ensures I view this with equanimity
                                    Sorry mate. Post theatre dinner ran long and I had to get the cub home for bed.

Comment

Somewhat reluctant to revisit this thread after the maelstrom of tumbleweed it invoked last time, but I'm in London next Friday evening (26th) if anyone would be interested in having a drink of some description.

Comment

I'm going to a concert in Hackney later on but definitely around early evening to eight or so.

Comment

Me and Mrs Etienne are marking our 5th wedding anniversary in London that weekend, child free. I don't think she'd react well to the suggestion that we spend our anniversary night drinking with people off the internet sadly.

Comment

We wouldn't be people off the Internet. We'd be the interesting characters you bumped into in the hotel bar. Just random strangers, nothing weird.

Comment

"Wait...how are you all so comfortable around each other so quickly? And how do you all know this same 'treibeis' character?"

Comment

I'm not coming, by the way. I'm far too busy, and live on the wrong continent.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                                                  "Wait...how are you all so comfortable around each other so quickly? And how do you all know this same 'treibeis' character?"
                                                  'Surely you've heard me talking about the Scrumpy 'n' Western Society..?'

Been intending to attend one of these 'ere things but am always elsewhere when they come to London. Amazingly, this time is exactly the same - I'll be in Scotland.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X