Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luton Town / Yaxley-Lennon

Well done to Luton Town for this.

But what sort of individual has to be told not to do it?

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8492811.html

Unfortunately, quite a few misguided types.

This is hugely disappointing for us, as a board, because the individual in question wasn’t playing or involved in the squad or staff.

That almost reads as though Robinson might on another occasion have been considered for selection. (And I'm sure we can all imagine in which position he'd have played...)

Comment

Was he not associated with their less-well-behaved supporter group in the past? Pretty sure I remember him popping up on a hoolie documentary years before his more recent career as a 'political activist'.

I'm sure Luton won't be the only club with this issue at the moment though. Apparently a couple of young meffs at York tried to start a song about him at the first home game of this season but were very quickly shouted down.

Comment

'Football's coming home' morphed into 'Tommy's coming home' amongst a significant section of the revellers in Durham city centre after one of the England saturday world cup matches

Comment

It's disappointing that they are framing it as "sport and politics don't mix", as if Robinson would be politically acceptable in other contexts.

Comment

Maidenhead fans were singing "Theresa May, she's one of our own" on Tuesday...
            Last edited by Bizarre Löw Triangle; 16-08-2018, 10:05.

Comment

Didn't realise the town was THAT desperate for a celebrity local!

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post
                Was he not associated with their less-well-behaved supporter group in the past? Pretty sure I remember him popping up on a hoolie documentary years before his more recent career as a 'political activist'.

I'm sure Luton won't be the only club with this issue at the moment though. Apparently a couple of young meffs at York tried to start a song about him at the first home game of this season but were very quickly shouted down.
                Tommy Robinson was - that's where Stephen Yaxley-Lennon adopted his nom de guerre from .

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
                  Didn't realise the town was THAT desperate for a celebrity local!
                  Worst celebrity local since Charlie Williams at Barnsley.

Comment

What?

Comment

Originally posted by The Bretwalda View Post
                      Tommy Robinson was - that's where Stephen Yaxley-Lennon adopted his nom de guerre from .
                      Stephen Yaxley-Lennon aka Tommy Robinson aka Andrew McMaster aka Paul Harris has also been convicted of football-related public order offences

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2011/...-founder-brawl

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarre Löw Triangle View Post
                        Stephen Yaxley-Lennon aka Tommy Robinson aka Andrew McMaster aka Paul Harris has also been convicted of football-related public order offences

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2011/...-founder-brawl
                        I can't stand people who feel they have to hide behind pseudonyms…

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarre Löw Triangle View Post
                          Maidenhead fans were singing "Theresa May, she's one of our own" on Tuesday...
                          That has to be the saddest damn thing I've ever heard

Comment

Luton's firm are called the Men in Gear, or the MiGs which is really, really funny. Not as funny as the Chesterfield Bastard Squad, but funny nonetheless. It's all so camp, isn't it?

Apart from my firm, obv. My firm are butch and manly. You know when you've been toe to toe with the Clobbered Up Naughty Tear-Up* Squad. Nothing camp about us. One turned up in Pretty Green the other week and got glassed because pretty isn't manly enough for us CUNTS.

*Tear-up as in fight, not tear-up as in cry. No crying in the Clobbered Up Naughty Tear-Up Squad.

Anyway. Fuck Tommy Robinson. Both of them.

Comment

I genuinely hope there is a firm called the 'Bastard Squad'.

Comment

That made me laugh EIM

Comment

I'm just desperately hoping that this (from Twitter) is genuine:

Comment

Originally posted by RobM View Post
                                    I genuinely hope there is a firm called the 'Bastard Squad'.
                                    Google throws up some tweets about them by, er, someone. He's done his groundwork on this gag, has the lad.

Comment

I wouldn't make this stuff up. It's serious business.

Comment

Tooty Wooty Boot Boys!

Ace.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post

I wouldn't make this stuff up. It's serious business.
                                          Want one of them.

Comment

Don't think that I've ever seen a teenager at Northwood, except when Wealdstone bring a few...

Comment

I reckon I'd fancy my chances against the Tooty Wooty Boot Boys.

The only genuine "firm" I can remember at this level of football is one that followed Goole AFC about 25 years ago called ..wait for it..Yes! "The Gooliegans"

Even they weren't real followers but IIRR Leeds fans who went to occasional Goole away games when they had nothing else to do.

Comment

Originally posted by N est à? View Post
                                                That has to be the saddest damn thing I've ever heard
                                                But at least they weren't mixing football with anything political.

Comment

A club with the initials CFC is inviting trouble making up pseudonyms

Comment

Working...
                                                  X