Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My spirits grow Dul(wich) - Weekend matchgoing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watford are Not Very Good.

Which is way more than sufficient today.

Comment

Ends 1-3. Not only were Clarets bad, they looked complacent with it. That isn’t a good sign.

Comment

Second game of the weekend for me. Second premier league of the weekend for me. And second red card, followed by a third and fourth.

Barry Town 3 v 2 Bala Town

Bala scored first from a free kick crossed into the box. Barry led 2-1 at the break including a great free kick from new player Tom Fry, who signed from Aidrieonians. The Bala number 77 got a bit of fame last week for a rabona cross for a Bala goal. He didn't manage one this game.

Second half Bala had a guy sent off for a second yellow then scored from another cross from free kick. Barry's winner bounced off a shoulder or an arm but the ref gave it. The Bala players argued with the ref and one said something to earn a second yellow card and Bala were down to 9. Then deep into the 4 minutes of added time there was an off the ball incident that I didn't see and Bala had a third player dismissed.

I'm sure it'll be the first game on Sgorio tomorrow night, which will be a nice juxtaposition with the Cardiff game being last on MOTD.
        Last edited by Patrick Thistle; 20-08-2018, 21:04.

Comment

The last day of the trip and a pleasant surprise to find that the move out of Katowice had seen a shortage of the new IC railcars, and instead was a loco hauled set with an EA07 on top. I’m sure it doesn’t need me to tell you that these are basically the English Electric class 83 locomotive that PKP produced hundreds of under licence from EE.

It was north to Poznan and the tram out to the town stadium which now has a steam loco plinthed outside. This was the last preserve of steam traction in frontline operation in Europe.

Lech Poznan were top of the league having won four from four, and soon raced into a two goal lead. I’d seen visitors Kraków in the Wisla derby last Friday against Plock, and they were far from impressive. However, after going 2-0 down, they went nuts and somehow scored five to win 2-5.

On the way home, I went into a shopping centre to by some socks. However, the only places open were a bottle shop and a model railway, intended for kids, as you could control the trains. I’m four bottles down and having the time of my life with a DB class 218 through the mountains.

Having spent a week in Ukraine, I thought I’d stay in keeping with some of Europe’s most basic facilities, so I’ve chosen to fly back to Doncaster international airport.

Comment

Nice to see that they've tarted up the station in Katowice since 1984.

Comment

Aldershot Town 0-2 Harrogate Town

The Recreation Ground is everything a football ground ought to be. Something I was able to really take a look round and fully appreciate because the game itself was awful.

Neither side strung more than four consecutive passes together in the whole game and Harrogate's opening goal on the hour was only the third shot on target of the game. That came from some pure slapstick from the Shots' left-back who followed up an air-kick with a panicked kick against his standing foot and was then shrugged off the ball by the eventual goalscorer. The sort of error you really need a good next touch to get out of your mind, so the own goal he scored three minutes later didn't exactly boost his confidence. Harrogate were nothing particularly special - purely functional - which going on the last few games I've seen at this level, will probably assure them a top-half finish in the National League.

Comment

I was surprised to see Harrogate were the visitors at Aldershot, is this their first time at this level?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                  I was surprised to see Harrogate were the visitors at Aldershot, is this their first time at this level?
                  Yes, they've had about 12-15 years or so in the Conference North, but went professional before last season following a bit of an extra cash injection.

Comment

I've not watched them enough to comment, but some observers of the game suggest that they'd put more than enough money into the team to be promoted when they were semi pro, but all that was holding them back was the fact that the chairman wouldn't change the manager as he was determined that they'd go up with his son doing the job (which they eventually did, to be fair).

Comment

Mad dash around Malmö and Copenhagen this weekend. Flew into Copenhagen early Saturday morning, catching a train to Malmö Central Station from there. The main match of the afternoon was in the Allsvenskan that finished Malmö FF 3-0 Trelleborgs FF, all 3 goals came in a rather one-sided first half, 2nd half was a bit more even, Trelleborgs rarely looked like getting back into it though. While there were a fair few other games in Malmö only one allowed us enough time to get to the Malmö FF match afterwards so we ended up at IF Limhamn Bunkeflo who drew 1-1 with Tomelilla in Division 3 Sodra Gotaland (regional 5th division), quite a basic ground, but a decent game slightly ruined by a referee who seemed intent on booking anyone who made any sort of contact with an opposition player.

Sunday it was back to Copenhagen and north to Farum for FC Nordsjælland 2-0 Vejle BK. Tidy 10k Stadium with 2662 rattling around in it. From there it was back south to Gladsaxe to see Akademisk Boldklub lose 0-1 to Slagelse B&I in 2. Division group 2. AB are 9 time Danish champions so playing in front of 373 in the regional 3rd tier must be a bit of a come down.

Comment

Working...
                      X