No announcement yet.

Vuelta a España & Tour of Britain 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really think Quintana would be best served by a change of teams, take the shield of Valverde away and give him different voices and people around him.

Comment

I love Valverde, too, with the additional factor of him having some of the same speech mannerisms as my pal Pablo in Madrid

Comment

I know time trials are boring, but it's gone very quiet on here!

Had the misfortune to hear Kirby the other day creaming himself (and asking Sean Kelly to do so too...) that 'Brits will hold all three Tour jerseys'.

So for that reason alone... (Ms Felicity -sometime primary teacher- says Yates speaks like a child with ADHD)

I'm recording the whole of today's Eurosport coverage to watch after work, so hope to hear a new crestfallen tone from Carlton K.

Yates should be able to hold on, but there are enough people near enough that it is still unpredictable- presume Pinot/Mas/Lopez will go for broke today, with a sharp climb right from the off.

Comment

I mean, that has been true ever since Froome won the Giro, too...

Yeah, found it hard to keep up with these races - the start of term has made everything a bit manic!

Have they mentioned how both Yates and Valverde have served drug bans in the past? So Kruijswijk is winning the GC-without-dopers, so to speak.

Comment

Big crowds in Bilbao.

None of the contenders in the 20 rider break.

Comment

After his hard training ride the other day and his presence up front today, is Nibali looking a good bet for Worlds..?

Comment

He does seem to be coming into form. Likely thinking of Lombardia, too.

Comment

William Fotheringham tipped Alaphilippe as one of the favourites for the Worlds in the Guardian earlier in the week.

Comment

As is Valverde.

De Gendt takes the lead in the KOM shortly after we see flags in support of ETA prisoners for the first time.

Comment

Ah yes- “Euskal Pre-soak”

I once made a joke to a bilingual leftie friend in Spain about how committed Basque nationalists were to hygiene. He were not amused.

Comment

Just realised I really want Valverde or Kruijswijk to win this race.

Comment

Quintana struggling. S Yates still has Haig and A Yates up there, so looking good for him.

Comment

This is just brutal.

Comment

Impressive finale by Valverde, who must surely be Movistar's leader now if they want to win. And Enric Mas continues to amaze.

Kruijswijk struggles on sharp climbs, he much prefers long ramps.

Comment

Hell of a ride by Yates today.

Comment

Damn, missed it today - will watch highlights tonight. Is it likely he can be caught tomorrow, barring a disaster?

Comment

He's got 98 seconds on Valverde, who did not look good today.

It's his to lose, and he can do these climbs in his sleep.

That said, tomorrow is something else and should be a shootout from the time the flag is dropped, given that it is less than 100 km

Comment

This Vuelta feels kind of similar to the Tour in that we've identified the strongest rider but the major question is whether they can get through the race without cracking somewhere. Yates was clearly stronger than Valverde there so Movistar are going to have to have another go at ripping the race to pieces tomorrow. Don't particularly care much for either of them, so, come on Kruijswijk.

Comment

So Valverde is off the podium then? Pity.

Comment

He had nothing today. Quintana dropped back to pull him up the final climb.

Impressive by Mas and Lopez, though one has to feel for Valverde and Kruiswijk.

Yates an extremely worthy winner.

Comment

I just found out today from my dad that the ToB passed through my home village. He stood on the front step and watched the spectacle for all of the "seconds" it took for them to pass through.

That must surely qualify as the most exciting thing to ever happen in the village. Well, apart from me losing my virginity but I think I'd be correct in saying that was only exciting for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                              I just found out today from my dad that the ToB passed through my home village. He stood on the front step and watched the spectacle for all of the "seconds" it took for them to pass through.

That must surely qualify as the most exciting thing to ever happen in the village. Well, apart from me losing my virginity but I think I'd be correct in saying that was only exciting for me.
                                              Your old man wasn’t impressed watching that from the step, then?

Comment

I'm not sure he could see into my bedroom from there, TBH. At least I hope not.

Comment

Working...
                                                X