No announcement yet.

Weald-Woke: midweek matchgoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martin Tyler claims to have been punched by a home supporter at the titular game.

Comment

Yeah, I heard about that. Fuck knows what goes on in people's heads.

Comment

We had a lovely 3-0 against a fairly acquiescent Gloucester City. Our ex-Exeter man, Ryan Brunt, scored 2 which is good as, scoring-wise, he has been very quiet in pre-season although making a general nuisance of himself upfront. Sounded in the post-match interview a touch like he can't wait to get to get back into full-time football but, as long as he keeps scoring, it suits us both. Early days but the team looks pretty good and a home match against Dulwich Hamlet to come

Comment

Parkgate 0-3 Swallownest

New season but same old problems for Parkgate - they don't convert meaningful possession into a score and they let in soft goals at the other end. The game pivoted on a passage on the half hour, Gate had a free kick saved then Swallownest broke and scored their second from a fine counter. Swallownest finished the stronger even though an outfield player had to go in net after their keeper went off injured midway through the second half. I'll see better games this season, I'll see worse, but nice to be off and running again.

Comment

JS Hercules 2nds 0 Haukiputaan Pallo 3

Fourth tier regional game for me last night. Herkku's first team are riding high in the division above and have established themselves as Oulu's second club after the demise of OPS, whilst HauPa are rising back up the divisions after briefly disbanding their senior team a few years ago.

Around 50-60 fans in attendance with a good number of away supporters. HauPa won comfortably as the scoreline suggests, whilst Hercules featured Daniel Amokachi's son in the starting lineup.

Comment

Was it one of their "top boys"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQDlKN7HYLk

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                Is anyone else worried about BB&F! hobbling around Eastern Europe and Asia? Let us know you’re OK, lad.
                Only just seen this. Yes, all ok thanks, x-ray revealed not broken just badly swollen.

Curtailed the travel plans actually proved to be a blessing as got in a couple of extra games.

Comment

Working...
                X