Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weald-Woke: midweek matchgoing

Wealdstone v Woking tonight.

Start of my season on Wednesday night with the Rotherham derby - Parkgate v Swallownest. The fixture got reversed last week as Swallownest's pitch is unplayable, apparently the grass died in the hot weather.

Comment

I'll probably be at Turf Moor for the second leg against Istanbul Basaksehir. It will be interesting to see what side Dyche puts out - I'd rather he went for a close to full strength side rather than another run out for Walters and Bardsley.

That is assuming that I'm not in Frankfurt, attending an interview. Which would be incredibly annoying.

Comment

Going to Bolton Lads & Girls v Radcliffe Juniors tomorrow night - contrary to appearances these are both adult teams. On Wednesday night I'll probably go to Chester Nomads v Asheville. In this case the name is appropriate, as Nomads are not using their normal ground.

Comment

Plastic glasses? Boo!

Comment

Hopefully, I am going to, what has been dubbed, "our first home derby of the season" against Gloucester City. Not really any particular local rivalry there especially when we have Chippenham in our division now. However, where Weston Super Mud and, especially, Hungerford are regarded as local derbies for the sake of Christmas/New Year fixtures, it is much of a muchness, I suppose. We did put them out of the FA Trophy a couple of seasons back when we went onto the semi-finals but normally do that "win at home; lose away" thing that we do with most local teams - the reversals against Chippenham last season notwithstanding.

Comment

Woking are a very southern side: flinging themselves on the floor at the lightest touch and perpetually winning to the referee.

Comment

Goal free at half time, and Stones kick down in the second half. Game on...

Comment

Biggest delight amongst the Wealdstone faithful is that the crowd's bigger than Barnet's was on Saturday...

Comment

To be fair, Woking have brought a more than reasonable following.

Comment

I'll be making the familiar trek up the M6 for Carlisle v Blackburn in the league cup tomorrow night.

Comment

It wouldn't be wrong to say that the ref isn't particularly fussy.

Comment

Very good save by the Woking keeper.

Comment

This second half battering by The Stones without scoring is going to cost.

Comment

Pently!

Comment

Scored!

Comment

Finishes Wealdstone 1 Woking 0. Excellent second half performance from the Stones scoring from a penalty that wasn't a couple of minutes after one should've been given.

Biggest home league crowd for over thirty years.

Comment

My plans for the week have somewhat changed.

Yesterday, I fell down some steps at the Ukrainian museum of Bread. My ankle ballooned up to the point that I couldn’t get a shoe on. An afternoon at Kiev A&E resulted in me being very well acquainted with carp fishing magazines in Cyrillic, and also finding that it wasn’t broken.

With all travel plans on hold, I instead went to the Persha league fixture of Obolon Brovar v Zirka right on the Northern fringes of the city.

Today I endured a ten hour train ride in a sweat box of an Azerbaijani train. I got off at Kharkiv but it eventually arrives into Baku on Thursday morning. Anyway, I went and watched the women’s champions league game between Zhytlobud and Olimpia Cluj, which was at the required Metalists stadium

Tomorrow my travelling companion has us booked on an old Atrimov (?) flight back to Kiev for Dynamo v Slavia Prague in the champions league. We are also going to a bee keeping exhibition.

You can have some pictures once I get photobucket to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Boobs and FIRE! View Post
                                      My plans for the week have somewhat changed.

Yesterday, I fell down some steps at the Ukrainian museum of Bread.
                                      Crumbs!

Comment

Is anyone else worried about BB&F! hobbling around Eastern Europe and Asia? Let us know you’re OK, lad.

Comment

He's been visible on twitter today

https://twitter.com/BerksPigChronic/status/1029366786972704768?s=19

Comment

Millwall 0 Gillingham 0 (Millwall 3-1 on pens). Enjoyable first visit to the Den, and certainly by no means the worst goalless game I’ve ever seen. Worth it too to witness the quite extraordinary Gills penalty in the shoot-out that went at least halfway up the top tier of the stand.

Comment

An offer of a lift and a shift swap allowed me to go to AFC Fylde 3-1 Solihull Moors. Not bad for a new build, need to turn off the lights on the fence behind the goal when the games on though.

Just need Dover to complete the National League.
                                              Last edited by Merlin the happy pig; 15-08-2018, 01:05.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                                That Lada is a sorry sight - headlights off a 2102 stuck onto a 2104 is all kinds of wrong.

Comment

I clicked on the tweet to see the pic in more detail (is there a flea market in progress..?) and lost an hour in BB&F's archive on his visit to Blyth, which also involved a christian league match whose away team was Walker Church of God, quite near my house.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X