Wild Wild Country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wild Wild Country

Is there a thread on this or has anyone else seen it? Smacked me in the gob. If you're unfamiliar it's about the Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh who started that religious orgy commune in the early 80s in Oregon.

Yeah. I watched the whole thing. Compelling viewing. Sheela particularly (sp?) comes across as a real piece of work. It's funny, I remember the move to Oregon but the details of the immigration/occupation didn't really resonate, or maybe just weren't reported widely at the time.

Comment

Possibly. Certainly possesses controlling impulses that are way off the top whatever scale is used for such things. Still at least she seems to be putting them to good use these days.

Comment

Just finished watching it. I wouldn't want to be opposite of Sheela on something, but I couldn't help but like her. Most of the Sinyasans came across better in the film to me than the local Oregonians did.

It's quite interesting how the directors decided to make the film--they were finishing up their previous movie, and were talking to an archivist in Oregon that they had been working with, who mentioned that he had something like 300 hours of archival footage of the Rajneeshpuram commune and local news reports from the time period and said that he hoped that someone would eventually make a movie about it.

Comment

Working...
        X