Stephen King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stephen King

How can the books be so good very often but most adaptations be so crap?

Watched three episodes of Castle Rock which isn't based on one book but all of them. Had high expectations. Boring is only the beginning to describe it.

Misery was good but feel it hasn't aged well. Shawshank Redemption and Green Mile are both excellent. The (original) Shining is excellent and have no clue why King hates it. Dead Zone is ok. Stand by Me is brilliant. I think that's about it.

Dark Tower was utter nonsense. Latest It was disappointing. Under the Dome, I gave up after two episodes. Some other have even been laughable, like Lawnmower man and Running man.

He's been generally badly served by directors and he hasn't helped himself at times being willing to take a check from any old hack.
    One thing I like about him is you can option one of his short stories for a dollar (I think) if you want to make it as a student non commercial film

Comment

Running Man the film has absolutely nothing in common with The Running Man the book, except for the name of the main character.

Comment

And that's more than "The Lawnmower Man's has,King had the good grace to disown that one,though he probably still cashed the cheque

Comment

Carrie?

Comment

Can't stand Sissy Spacek, Edit: In movies

Comment

I thought The Dead Zone film was pretty good (though not as good as the book). It could have done with a bigger budget, but it portrayed the book's dramatic peaks well. It's one of the few films I've seen in which I've liked a Christopher Walken performance (he seems a lizardy ham usually.)

I watched the first half hour of "Gerald's Game" on Netflix, which was quite absorbing.

Comment

Working...
              X