No announcement yet.

Things that bother you in movies and shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suitcases that are obviously empty but the actor pretends they are heavy.

Drinking from empty cups.

Comment

Fucking lights on in the house during the day.

Comment

The depiction of playing video games.

Pressing random buttons, sound effects ripped straight from the 70s even if they're playing on an Xbox One/PS4/Switch, empty cartridge slots (the kid playing the Game Gear in Rumble In The Bronx is the best example of this), wrong controllers supposedly hooked up to consoles.

Comment

Shoot-outs are almost always shit due to someone being hit in the torso or shoulder but still being able to sprint, pick up a weapon, shoot, etc.

Bombs - someone is thrown several yards but is uninjured by the blast or the landing.

Fat middle aged guy chases after teenager and catches him.

Guy gets into car without needing to unlock it. It drives off straight away without the time necessary to put the key in and get into drive mode or gear.

Person shoots after an escaping car at point blank range and misses anything, or blasts out a window but the driver is unhurt and still gets away

People shagging standing up as soon as they walk through the door even though a bed is available (because their passion is so great that comfort is no issue, see?)
          Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 29-07-2018, 20:52.

Comment

30,000 soldiers lined up ahead of battle, commander riding back and forth on a horse doing some speech in front of the first line, everybody from front to back can hear him and release a massive cheer.

Comment

In "NCIS" and "Criminal Minds" Abby or Garcia have access to everything anybody would want to know about anybody. Everything. Kinda scary.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                Fucking lights on in the house during the day.
                Where's the fun in fucking in the dark?

Comment

When people have to get out of a place very, very quickly, there's always someone who's got to stick around to say the kind of goodbye that takes a long fucking time.

Comment

In US cop shows, nobody pulls away in a car - from anywhere, at any speed - without making that tire-screeching noise.

For the record, I spent most of my misspent youth driving a rear-wheel drive Pontiac like a reckless fucking idiot, and it's surprisingly difficult to make that tire-screeching noise even at the best of times.

That and "two beers"...when two guys walk into a corner bar.

Comment

Originally posted by adams house cat View Post
                      In "NCIS" and "Criminal Minds" Abby or Garcia have access to everything anybody would want to know about anybody. Everything. Kinda scary.

This, and also when two detectives, who are processing a crime scene, describe to each other what they're doing and why. You'd think one of them would go "Yeah, I fucking know. I do this for a living, too."

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                        That and "two beers"...when two guys walk into a corner bar.
                        Just once, the bartender needs to say "Sure - which beer? We have Bud, Miller and Lowenbrau on tap, or Schaeffer, Molson, Miller Lite, Becks, Coors, St Pauli Girl and Shiner Bock in the bottle. Or, if you prefer a darker beer, we can do you draught Molson Dark or Guinness. As for pale ales, we only have Sierra Nevada at the moment, but next week we're getting a bunch of new ones in - Colorado Pale Sage, Firestone Easy Jack, Widmer Drifter and Goose Island IPA - which we're quite excited about. And which, frankly, are a damn sight more flavoursome than those pissy lagers that you guys always seem to want."

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro Paolo Virdis View Post
                          30,000 soldiers lined up ahead of battle, commander riding back and forth on a horse doing some speech in front of the first line, everybody from front to back can hear him and release a massive cheer.
                          Averted in Waterloo, where De Lancey is asked by Wellington to "announce" him to the troops, and De Lancey just starts the chant and the soldiers take it up as Wellington rides past.

Although Theoden's sword clattering on spears shouty bit in The Return of The King is pretty epic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                            Just once, the bartender needs to say "Sure - which beer? We have Bud, Miller and Lowenbrau on tap
                            Upon hearing which they walk out, tutting.

Comment

It's less common now, but there was a long tendency for US TV and film to suggest that a bar or club was scary or dodgy because it was full of long haired, often overweight, metalheads. My experience has always been that these are the people least likely to ever fight anyone, anywhere.

Comment

In many cases, such people were supposed to be read as members of biker gangs, who have a history of acting differently

Comment

When I tended bar, anyone who asked for “beer” got either a) whatever we were trying to get rid of at the time or b) whatever had the highest markup. Oftimes, these were the same.

Comment

With us (and I won't enlarge on 'us' or the location) you got whatever contest/promo was offering the best prize. Imma just say that a lot of people have drank a lot of Carlsberg Lite who'd never suspected they had.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                      ...long haired - CHECK

often overweight - CHECK

metalheads - CHECK

My experience has always been that these are the people least likely to ever fight anyone, anywhere. - CHECK
                                      My excuse is that I'm too broken.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                        When I tended bar, anyone who asked for “beer” got either a) whatever we were trying to get rid of at the time or b) whatever had the highest markup. Oftimes, these were the same.
                                        My man

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                                          This, and also when two detectives, who are processing a crime scene, describe to each other what they're doing and why. You'd think one of them would go "Yeah, I fucking know. I do this for a living, too."
                                          you mean like This?

I once saw an episode of NCIS where two people were simultaneously typing on the same fucking keypad. I'm not sure that technical accuracy is their strong suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro Paolo Virdis View Post
                                            Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post
                                            Although Theoden's sword clattering on spears shouty bit in The Return of The King is pretty epic.
                                            I do like the idea that three or four rows back from Theoden or a hundred yards down the line there's Rohirrim whispering to each other, "What did he say?" "I dunno, something about 'blessed are the cheesemakers' I think." "Oh, right. Fuck it, let's just cheer and wave our weapons like we understood."

Comment

Working...
                                            X