Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Athletics/Cycling/Rowing/Aquatics/Gymnastics/Golf/Triathlon Euro Championships 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, having only been in the grounds around it before I was there recently for a gig and it is a wonderful redevelopment while still being sensitive to the original design as well as informative about it’s dark past.

Would love to see a sporting event there but worthwhile seeing just as an example of totalitarian architecture.

Comment

Been meaning to ask, did anyone see any of the Team Golf competition or grasp anything of what it was all about?

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
        Seems strange that the Russians have to compete as "neutrals" in Berlin, but not in Glasgow.
        I notice they top the combined medal table, do we know in if that includes athletics medals awarded to their “neutral” athletes?
        Last edited by Ray de Galles; 12-08-2018, 15:01.

Comment

From the official site’s medal table

Note: This medal table does not include the medals won by athletes competing as Authorised Neutral Athletes.

Comment

Sagan abandons with about 80km to go; he never looked like himself.

The rain, which was quite serious, has stopped, though the road is still wet and will likely remain so.

Comment

Boardman thinks there have been more punctures and mechanicals today than in any other race he’s ever seen, including Paris-Roubaix.

Comment

There certainly have been a lot, and the fact that the neutral service guys don't seem to know what they are doing has not helped at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                  From the official site’s medal table
                  Thanks, I always thought medals tables were unofficial and not endorsed by event organisers, because they were seen as crass or something.

Comment

There's been ebb and flow on that issue.

Comment

Loved Cimolai’s celebrations while still on the course in fifth after leading out Trentin for that win.

Comment

Brilliant finale to the Athletics tonight and another good medal haul for GB&NI.

Dina Asher-Smith has been absolutely commanding, her anchor leg in the 100m really was a jaw-dropping performanfe. She’s a SPOTY contender now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                          No great insight here but what I’ve seen of the Athletics this week has been fantastic. I often unfairly think of the European Championships as a very poor relation but the standard has been high and the crowds have got better and better over the week (and Berlin is a dauntingly huge stadium to fill).

I’d have liked to have gone but this week was always the only one this summer our family could get away on holiday together, Paris 2020 already looks like a must do though.
                          Yeah, I'm gutted I didn't think about it myself - we did Barcelona in 2010 and had an absolutely brilliant time, think all the recent away trips with Liverpool made me take my eye off the ball and forget to plan ahead for this. Lesson learned.

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                          Yeah, having only been in the grounds around it before I was there recently for a gig and it is a wonderful redevelopment while still being sensitive to the original design as well as informative about it’s dark past.

Would love to see a sporting event there but worthwhile seeing just as an example of totalitarian architecture.
                          Went to a Golden League athletics meeting there in about 2005, run in the afternoon and wasn't anywhere near full - was good, but would've been so much better with a full crowd and dusk falling...

Comment

The organisers confirm that they’ll look to run the multi-event Championships again in 2022 and probably keeping the multiple venues, when I thought they would look for one host city. It looks like this is possibly to give them a wider choice of pre-existing facilities.

It slipped my mind that the stand-alone Euro Athletics Champs in Paris during 2020 will be almost immediately post-Olympics and in a later slot than they’vd Had for thirty years, the last week of August.

Comment

Lots of Germans seem to be interested.

Comment

Working...
                              X