No announcement yet.

Leicester than zero? - Premier League 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had one eye on that game while the Euro Champs Road Race finished and it seemed littered with mistakes from both teams.

Really basic errors too, sending passes in to touch (or to an opponent five yards away) while under no pressure or letting a player you’re ostensibly marking wander way past you before receiving the ball.

It was a less than enthralling match.

Comment

Yeah, a classic it was not

Comment

I was there. City are astonishing. the fact that they were able to bring de Bruyne, Sane ad Gabriel Jesus as subs show how strong they are. Physically they look as though they've come from a different model range - like the difference between Bosch Domestic and Professional tools - and they can keep running all game. Can't see anyone beating them to the title.

Lots of shithousery too - the highlight for me was Mahrez at 1-0 and about 60 minutes in walking very slowly to take a corner on the opposite side spending a couple of minutes putting the ball in place for a corner before being substituted and walking very slowly the entire width of the pitch.

VAR would have been interesting. There were a couple of incidents where players were held at corners whee penalties were given at the World cup.

Guandozi was impressive- especially considering it was his first game at this level at 19 - but Arsenal played a lot of long ball- lif anything there was less creativity. And sometimes the arsenal players looked as though they hadn't played together before

Comment

Yesterday I watched Saints - Burnley on a live stream from Russian TV.
          I did not manage to pick up the Russian for 'greatest league in the world'.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
            I was there. City are astonishing. the fact that they were able to bring de Bruyne, Sane ad Gabriel Jesus as subs show how strong they are. Physically they look as though they've come from a different model range - like the difference between Bosch Domestic and Professional tools - and they can keep running all game. Can't see anyone beating them to the title.

Lots of shithousery too - the highlight for me was Mahrez at 1-0 and about 60 minutes in walking very slowly to take a corner on the opposite side spending a couple of minutes putting the ball in place for a corner before being substituted and walking very slowly the entire width of the pitch.

VAR would have been interesting. There were a couple of incidents where players were held at corners whee penalties were given at the World cup.

Guandozi was impressive- especially considering it was his first game at this level at 19 - but Arsenal played a lot of long ball- lif anything there was less creativity. And sometimes the arsenal players looked as though they hadn't played together before
            I don't care what he's like as a player. His hair deserves its own Cartoon strip. It's outstanding.

I thought that Arsenal were much improved, in terms of overall organization and moved the ball around quicker at the back, because they seemed to have a plan. One really worrying aspect for arsenal though is that Petr cech seems to be trying to destroy his reputation for sporting honesty. He nearly kicked a backpass into his own goal, and rolled a pass across the box literally inches in front of a city player, when he should have calmly rolled it behind him, to where his fucking teammate was. If that first incident had gone slightly differently, it would have looked like he had taken money to do it, and would become the video clip most associated with him. Which lets face it wouldn't really be representative. Cech has always been pretty decent with the ball at his feet, but has never been asked to do to much. Emery seems to be asking a lot of him, and he may be a little old to become an outfield player.

Comment

Presumably that's one reason why they've signed Leno. I'm not sure about much improved, they struggled to get out on a number of occasions and ended up giving the ball away in their own half quite a lot. There was certainly a plan, but my take on it was they still got a lot of adapting to do.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                He nearly kicked a backpass into his own goal, and rolled a pass across the box literally inches in front of a city player, when he should have calmly rolled it behind him, to where his fucking teammate was. If that first incident had gone slightly differently, it would have looked like he had taken money to do it, and would become the video clip most associated with him.
                https://twitter.com/FlexInTheCity/status/1028672979121696768

Comment

I see that Vincent Tan is honouring the Cardiff City faithful with his presence.

His keks are so high it looks as though he's wearing a chastity belt.

Comment

Well. Newcastle throw away two points with a shite penalty from Kenedy, who probably should have been sent off in the first half anyway.

Vincent Tan and Colin can still fuck off, like.
                    Last edited by Toby Gymshorts; 18-08-2018, 14:46.

Comment

NUFC were shockingly bad and second best & yet near the end the stats flashed up Shots on target Cardiff 0 NUFC 4. Stats & all that. Kenedy was boiling my piss long before the 96th minute penalty. Every touch of the ball a step over without consideration of a pass. His miss wasnt the only irony of the game given a retrospective ban may be coming his way. Hayden was brought on for the ostensibly injured Manquillo but who was a red card waiting to happen had he continued.

Comment

Vardy sent off

Comment

Arsenal look a lot better. Even if they lose this game, and have no points after two games, you can already see that they've improved a lot in a very short space of time. There's still a long way to go though.

Comment

They still need a bunch of new players

Comment

Catching up on the highlights. If Arsenal had their shooting boots on they'd have got 5 or 6 but defensively they looked ropey.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                They still need a bunch of new players
                                i Wouldn't worry so much about that this season though. This season is about seeing which players he inherited are able to do what he wants. Throw in mkhytaryan and Aubemayang, and arsenal have seven new players still getting their feet under the table. Its difficult to sign more than that without things becoming incredibly chaotic and wasteful. If Arsenal are trying to do this properly, they have to allow Emery to get across his way of playing, and build a squad where he has two players in each position that can do what he wants. It doesn't require that each of these players are brilliant, but that they all know what they are supposed to be doing.

The other thing is that Arsenal started their clearout last summer. This year they only got rid of Wilshire, cazorla, mertesacker, Perez and campbell from their first team squad. But last season they moved out szecezny, gabriel, Gibbs, oxlade-chamberlain, coquelin, sanchez, giroud and debuchy. That's half their squad in the space of a year. That's an enormous turnover of players in a very short time, and until all of this sort of settles down a bit, then arsenal are going to carry on losing games, but impressing people by getting better at what they are trying to do.

Comment

This is going to be a long afternoon for Huddersfield.

Comment

All very well saying that Arsenal could've had five or six - they probably should've conceded at least as many. Two good footballing sides with dubious defences indeed.

Meanwhile Man City look like annihilating Huddersfield here. That record 10-1 victory in 1987 could be under threat...

Comment

But wait...etc.

A likely consolation for 'Weird' Jon Stankovic.

Comment

I see Mourinho has accused Manchester City of lacking class over some corporate video hagiography or other (I neither know nor care exactly what it is). I think we should listen to the man here - if anyone in the world understands lacking class and not being able to obtain it however desperately one wishes to, its Jose Mourinho. He is a complete expert on the subject.

Comment

it's a six hour miniseries, a whitewashing propaganda exercise, the footballing pr equivalent of the video for Bad. Garcia has sat through it, I think Jose is probably more annoyed that they don't refer to him more often. I think he appears in it in one episode where City beat man utd with two headers from set pieces, and then they slag him off for parking the bus, and then they don't mention him again more or less. i don't know if the disrespect or disregard annoys him more.

You'd be better off watching the greatest television programme made in the 80's. The Granada documentary about the malcolm allison and tony book reign.

Comment

Seems pretty small potatoes compared to some of the stunts Jose has pulled.

Comment

He will be screaming at clouds within a decade

Comment

Meanwhile, someone needs to remind Sky that Brighton are also playing this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                  He will be screaming at clouds within a decade
                                                  I hope he's bricked up in the same rikers island cell as donald trump. Now that is reality television that the world would watch.

Comment

That's a very, very clever finish by Glenn Murray.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X