No announcement yet.

Leicester than zero? - Premier League 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2-0, Yarmolenko again after a terrible pass out from Pickford. It's not like Everton are playing particularly badly, but Cenk Tosun putting a header straight at Fabianski from 6 yards sort of sums up their afternoon so far.

Comment

Everton are playing pretty damn badly. They’re making West Ham look a focussed, coherent side when they’ve been anything but so far this season. Everton have consistently given the ball away in attack, midfield and defence throughout the opening thirty minutes.

Comment

They looked OK for the first 10 minutes. After that I'll admit I haven't been watching too closely.

As I type Tosun puts another shot at Fabianski, after West Ham just kept dropping off and giving him space. Perhaps there's a reason they're happy to.

Comment

That's a spectacular foul by Masuaku.

Comment

Strange time for a sub by Everton. Why not do that at half time?

Comment

Originally posted by blameless View Post
              Oh I realise that England internationals have been getting friendly decisions from FA-appointed refs for longer, but it's only really been this blatant for the last 20 years or so (ever since Alan Shearer escaped punishment for kicking Neil Lennon in the head).
              Back at the start of the premier league, when men were men, and man utd's team was made up of players with fairly obvious and serious problems with anger and aggression. and were getting away with near murder a lot of the time, I distinctly remember that Paul Ince would get away with shit that Roy Keane, Eric Cantona or Mark Hughes wouldn't. Essentially Ince was able to commit basically as many fouls as he liked after getting a booking. Whereas the others would have to be a bit more careful. And as for all the times that Bryan Robson in his final years would arrive 1-2 seconds too late into every tackle, and would raise a hand in apology to the ref, and the ref would think of all the times he had died for england, and would pat him gently on the shoulder, and chuckle. But if you go back much further than that, it's essentially impossible for anyone to get sent off.

Comment

If you patted late-career Bryan Robson on the shoulder his collarbone would probably break, but I take your point.

Comment

hahaha.

Comment

I think Wolves are one really good player, short, of a really good team.

Comment

Mark Chapman is slowly morphing into the Hypnotoad.

Comment

"...with Sam Vokes making his 250th appearance against his former club..."

How old is he?

Comment

Joe Hart looking like a decent keeper again.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                            Joe Hart looking like a decent keeper again.
                            No, no, no. You've got it all wrong. Burnleys problems this year are down to him and playing the Europa League. Stick to the narrative, man.

Comment

Apologies for linking to a bookmakers twitter feed but this was good ;

https://twitter.com/Coral/status/1041621414120439809

Comment

This is a lovely story :

N'Golo Kante eats curry and watches Match of the Day at fan's house after mosque meeting.

Comment

Well that didn't take long...

Comment

Yet another terrifying story of just how weird and alien those muslims are. Thanks for drawing this to our attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post

They were discussing on GFW how West Ham’s midfield worked better without him.

Comment

Only stopped by to say that J Moutinho has just stuck it to J Mourinho.

Thank you.

Comment

Well that Man utd game was a bit of a mess. I missed the wolves goal, and on the strength of the first half I didn't know how wolves were going to score. But the way the goal arose wasn't exactly surprising. After doing that weird mourinho thing of passing the ball across the back four repeatedly the ball is played up to paul pogba who has to come back a ways to receive the ball, and has his back to goal when he receives it, with no-one to lay the ball off to, because no-one is showing for the ball, he gets robbed, as happens far too frequently to the players playing in the 3 of the 4-2-3-1, then suddenly Shaw is left without cover, because Alexis sanchez doesn't do that. Fair dues to costa he manages to get the cross in just before he gets to the endline, and it eventually gets to moutinho as fred and fellaini fail to defend the edge of the box.

That's bad for all sorts of reasons, but it ultimately comes down to the impossible job that the front four have at man utd, particularly when it comes to receiving the ball. because of the way man utd aren't allowed pass the ball from defence into midfield.

Great goal by Spurs there. They really needed that. They're looking really sluggish this season. I'm bored of hearing people talking about how Spurs needed to sign players. I don't adhere to the idea that you've got to be running out to buy players for the sake of it. But from a footballing point of view Spurs need another player who could play across the front four, and particularly cover for Harry kane, just to allow their players a bit more rest. Spurs look a bit jaded, compared to themselves in other seasons. They need a player, not to improve them when they're at their best, to to help them avoid dropping points to tiredness.

Comment

Jesus. they nearly got caught at the end.

Comment

Harry Kane seems to be suffering from a really heavy cold. real "Code id by dose," and snot everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                                Jesus. they nearly got caught at the end.
                                                Tell me about it. I aged a decade during stoppage time.

We need everyone fit, for a start. Then we can look at strengthening in January. (Levy's chequebook notwithstanding.)

Comment

"The club is at a crossroads....Where tottenham could go from here is unbelievable. They could have the best history of the club in the future."

Wise words from Glenn trump Hoddle.

Comment

Cardiff got tonked today. Been invited to go along next week to see Bane's Burnley. Hopefully Hart will start for the visitors.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X