Cambridge in August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cambridge in August

I'm going to be working in Cambridge pretty much the whole month of August. Anyone fancy a pint one evening? Or even a thon?

Sounds good. I'm a possibility- or can we tempt you up to that London?

Comment

Yes that London one evening is definitely as possibility especially as I am staying next to Cambridge Station

Comment

I'd be up for a pint in Cambridge with you ad hoc. I'm away 3rd to 11th, and possibly much of the following week as well (as I have holiday booked from work and ought to make something of the possible opportunity to visit friends in Germany), but I'm back at work from Mon 20th onwards.

Comment

I shall likely be around during August if people want to meet up,
          also if anyone wants to catch a U's game we have Div 4 home games:
          Sat 11th v Notts County
          Tues 21st v Exeter
          Sat 25th v Cheltenham

and League cup:

Tues 14th v Newport county

oh, the excitement ...

Comment

Cool. Thanks both. I'll be there from Sunday week, but the job I'm doing is new to me and a bit outside my comfort zone so I don't see myself as being relaxed enough for a proper evening out until about that first Thursday. But after that all dates are good. As for the U's, I will be with a bunch of teachers mostly from various European countries so I might be able to talk one or two of them into a night out sampling the delights of the Abbey

Comment

Anyone up for enticing AH down to that London for refreshments? I'll start the bidding with Thu 9 August- I'm available from ca 1900 after the cricket finishes

Comment

A, I'm unlikely to be able to make an evening due to the kids, but if you're free for a lunch/coffee sometime that would be great.

Comment

That would be good Kev. Not sure at the moment, as i really don't know what my schedule looks like, but i suspect i'll be fairly full on during the days (I'm out on Hills Road too, at Homerton college, so if you're in the centre, it's a fair trek)

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                    Anyone up for enticing AH down to that London for refreshments? I'll start the bidding with Thu 9 August- I'm available from ca 1900 after the cricket finishes
                    I'd be up for a summer-thon but, unhelpfully, I'm away 9-12 August.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                      That would be good Kev. Not sure at the moment, as i really don't know what my schedule looks like, but i suspect i'll be fairly full on during the days (I'm out on Hills Road too, at Homerton college, so if you're in the centre, it's a fair trek)
                      No, that's my end too as it happens. Cool.

Comment

Just about slotting into a routine now and therefore able to plan a bit more. Evenings are good (and for a London trip too). Daytimes between 8 and 5 are basically out of the question (I could probably get away around 4.30 if I planned it.)

So any takers? Would be great to meet up with people

Comment

If you're on Hills Road the Flying Pig might be a good place to meet (just near the Station Road junction) - there's music on tonight and tomorrow so will probably be crowded and noisy but I could make Friday or any night next week except Monday and Wednesday. The Good Lady Checkpoint and I are just planning a trip out to Slovakia, Slovenia, Romania and suchlike places in our motorhome (I'm retiring in a few weeks time) so it would be useful to pick your brains!

Comment

ha, my office is just across the car park from the Flying Pig. I look down on it from our window every time I go to fetch a coffee or water from our office kitchenette.

Edit: and I'm still up for meeting for an evening beer later this month. I'm back at work from Mon 20th, and I should also be mainly around in Cambridge w/b 13th, as I've abandoned any idea of travelling that week except maybe one or two day trips.
                            Last edited by Evariste Euler Gauss; 01-08-2018, 21:14.

Comment

Mine was the next-but-one from EEG's until May but we've moved to a massive new office a bit further out. I miss being able to mooch round the botanic gardens at lunch. Or using the barber and post office, come to that.

Oh, and since a handful of crossworders are in here, a note that I've added some letters to the current clue.
                              Last edited by Kevin S; 01-08-2018, 21:22.

Comment

Could maybe make this

Comment

Sincerely hoping my dates away (11th-18th and 24th-27th) won't rule me out of making it.

Comment

Friday at the Flying Pig? Sounds good to me. I'm staying in one of the new student flats next to the station. (it;s rubbish for many reasons)

Definitely be up for it.

Comment

It doesn't have to be a whole thon, I'm here for three and a half more weeks, and could fit in with most potential plans

Comment

Potentially I could maybe get to Cambridge. Saturday evenings likely to be best for me.

Comment

I can definitely get to the Flying Pig this Friday, if that is what people settle on. At a stretch I could be there for 6:30pm, though a bit later and after some food is easier. Other Fridays would work just as well.

Comment

Count me in for this Friday evening.

Comment

Have fun chaps. I'll have to miss that I'm afraid, as I'll be in Bristol for a family wedding.

Comment

Any of the London crowd around today week? Meanwhile enjoy the Flying Pig

Comment

Friday it is. I'll try and get there around 6.30-7

Comment

Working...
                                                  X