No announcement yet.

Holy Kohli: India in England Summer 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That should be in the ‘hottest you’ve ever been’ thread.

Comment

Mindless shot from Rahane worthy of an English batsman.

100 for 4

Comment

Looks like India have weathered the post-lunch storm.

Comment

Rashid wicket!

Kohli ton!

Cricket!

Comment

Well this is interesting. Incredible innings from Kohli. And you have to say England have let this game drift.

Comment

So he can do it on a hot Thursday afternoon in Birmingham after all

Comment

Yeah, ok Virat, fun's fun but I think that's enough now.

Comment

This is exactly the same brainless captaincy that let Angelo Mathews score 160 at Headingley a few years back.

Comment

And as soon as I type that we get him out.

Comment

Ashwin bowls Cook with another perfect ball. This has been a great day for India.

Comment

Great knock from Kohli. Vaughan reaĺly is a misery no wonder the players hate him

Comment

The dropped catches are very odd; the easiest skill to practice compared to batting and bowling. Lack of confidence?

If England lose this one, you could see India (being the more talented team) start to assert their superiority. OTOH India's away record is still poor.

Comment

Guardian OBO raised questions about Cook's vision as he's getting clean bowled more frequently recently.

Comment

They'd pick that up in medical tests, wouldn't they?

Comment

I’m no expert, but I suspect picking the ball up is much more about instinct, muscle memory and feel than actually seeing where the ball is. Physiologically, I believe it’s more or less impossible to see the ball all the way onto the bat. The key is to pick up length quickly, via a combination of experience, perceptiveness, and your body being in rhythm etc

I suppose spin might be different but he’s still bowling at 90kmh

Comment

Jennings goes early, Ashwin is in the mood with a number of left handers to torment and I'd not be surprised if this is done and dusted today.

Comment

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
                                    Stupid idea starting a Test on a Wednesday – why would you gamble on buying tickets for Saturday.
                                    Prescient...

Comment

Roobish.

Comment

England reaping the rewards of their focus on limited overs cricket - I don't think anyone can now deny that this is fast becoming a very poor test team.

Comment

I was just think that if they don’t win next year’s 50 over World Cup they are going to look really foolish - though I suppose the likely home Ashes winn will paper over the cracks.

Comment

Fuck's sake.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                              I was just think that if they don’t win next year’s 50 over World Cup they are going to look really foolish - though I suppose the likely home Ashes winn will paper over the cracks.
                                              Likely?

Comment

For ages we keep being told that England have plenty of batting depth and yet all of the batsmen seem incapable of digging in and making a score when it's really needed. Are they all just flat track bullies?

Comment

I think it's largely down to the increasing influence of shorther format cricket. Nobody knows where their off stump is any more.

Anyway - this is a fascinating - if flawed - match.

Comment

Originally posted by ooh aah View Post
                                                    Likely?
                                                    Come on, double bluff all you like but Australia haven’t won the Ashes in England for seventeen years, haven’t travelled well for a while and are in complete disarray in terms of personnel. England are massive favourites to win next year

Comment

Working...
                                                    X