No announcement yet.

Holy Kohli: India in England Summer 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit of a left-field pick, but Rory Burns? Malan?
    Last edited by Kevin S; 21-08-2018, 12:25.

Comment

I hesitated over Broad, but with Stokes, Woakes and Curran all in the mix I'm not sure he is. His use of reviews doesn't inspire confidence in his captaincy potential.

Comment

Buttler is the vice captain for this series so he's evidently next cab on the rank.

Malan is Middlesex captain this season which at least counts as some relevant experience.

Broad should not be let near the captaincy as he'd waste the reviews on himself and set fields for bad balls.

Comment

This is a very respectable effort by these two. Footholds are coming more and more into play for Ashwin though.

Comment

Nasty bit of irregular bounce from Bumrah to Stokes just then. Well played by Stokes.

Comment

Stokes and Buttler have seen off more deliveries than the four guys before them combined.

Comment

Kohli has just blown a review that the wicketkeeper apparently wasn't keen on.

Hint of reverse swing from Shami.

Comment

First hundred partnership for England.

Comment

Well, that was a good session for England with the bat. Whodathunkit?

Comment

Only four more sessions to go...

Comment

Yeah, and as the graphic shows, the remaining batters only seem capable of facing about 22 balls between them.

No pressure lads.

Comment

Good bit of analysis by Michael Holding just then, suggesting that the keeper hasn't got the hang of the conditions yet and is instinctively moving down leg side too much. He did that on the dropped catch. Would have been a much easier chance if he hadn't. Holding contrasted this with some old footage of Matt Prior, who was comfortable taking the ball away from his body on the legside so didn't move too far to leg.
                          Last edited by Tubby Isaacs; 21-08-2018, 15:52.

Comment

It's interesting that the two batsman who've played best in this situation are the two most dynamic one-day style players. Reminds me of when Botham batted for ages to help save a test v Pakistan (in partnership with Gatting).

Comment

oh no

Comment

Bairstow's batting...

Comment

And now he's not...

Comment

House of fucking cards.

Comment

Ha ha!

Comment

All England needs is two new openers, someone else to keep wicket, someone else to captain the team, a spinner who doesn't leak runs, an out-and-out quick bowler and a new coach. Otherwise everything is fine.

Comment

They could probably use fielders who can catch, too.

Comment

I’d be open to Bell coming back in as an emergency pick. It would keep the pressure off Pope, who surely looks worth persevering with.

Broad can’t be captain now, maybe two years ago. He’s not dependable enough. Anderson is the wrong personality altogether.

Comment

Sometimes I love England cricket fans. 2-1 up (presumably, after tomorrow) against the world's number one team, and it's nothing but how bad everything is. I overheard someone at the football who has tickets for the next test, saying how it would probably just be watching India bat all day, and I wondered if they'd actually been following the series at all...

Comment

https://twitter.com/bbctms/status/10...165810689?s=19
                                                https://twitter.com/bbctms/status/1032175747165810689?s=19

Comment

Last time India played a test at Trent Bridge, Anderson made 81. If only Rashid can stay with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimski View Post
                                                    Sometimes I love England cricket fans. 2-1 up (presumably, after tomorrow) against the world's number one team, and it's nothing but how bad everything is. I overheard someone at the football who has tickets for the next test, saying how it would probably just be watching India bat all day, and I wondered if they'd actually been following the series at all...
                                                    I agree with a lot of that. We are just one Indian batting collapse away from England winning the series. However, England's bad Tests are becoming more frequent and India do not win even solitary Tests away that often, and certainly not as comprehensively as this one. It reveals the same problems that have made England a poor side away from home.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X