Anti-Trump protests: High ratings, folks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti-Trump protests: High ratings, folks

Well, London anti-Trump protestors, you've made the Orange Nazi very happy.

Verbatim quote: "Hundreds of thousands of people, good people and some bad, mostly bad but some good, came out into the streets of London today because, the fake news said it couldn't...but it was, folks, the fake news got it wrong about me, they always do, The Guardian and the BBC, fake news, folks, can't be trusted, not trusted. And hundreds of thousands came out today but the fake news say it was only tens of thousands, Obama came to London, nobody came out. Empty streets everywhere. Not good. Bad for the economy. People say I invented the phrase, I don't know if it's true but many people say, I invented the phrase: 'It's the economy, stupid!' Very important. We can't live without an economy, not many people know that. And nobody cared. Empty streets everywhere when Obama came. Today the streets were full for Trump. Am I the greatest president? People say I am, many people, good people, some of the brightest, maybe Washington and Benjamin Franklin, but nobody came out for Obsolete Obama. When I came hundreds of thousands..oh look, a balloon!"

If that’s not a pisstake he’s surely riddled with syph. The last line is surely too on the nose but.

Comment

Josh Homme looks properly fed up in that pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
        If that’s not a pisstake he’s surely riddled with syph. The last line is surely too on the nose but.
        It's a pisstake.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
          Josh Homme looks properly fed up in that pic.
          <applause>

Comment

I got to the rally about 5.30 and it was fantastic.

Loved all the rude banners, “piss off, mate” “Fuck off Trump”, “Trump is a cunt”. There were more inventive and witty placards but the short and sweary really tickled me.

Comment

Comment

Yes, of course the OP is a satirical riff on how even the turnout of protesters would feed Trump's ego.

Some news report I read described the queen looking twice at her watch while Trump let her wait as the "most aggressive" British rebuke of that man. I bet he was really ashamed and perhaps soiled his underwear* a little at that decisive show of force.

* sorry about the mental image.

Comment

Protests have been totally ignored by US media. None of our US friends knew about the baby balloon.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                    Protests have been totally ignored by US media. None of our US friends knew about the baby balloon.
                    I suppose it's down to what US media you consume. It was basically all I was seeing on Twitter yesterday, and the protests were covered on the major newspaper sites.

Comment

CNN ran a couple of clips on the protests.

Comment

Working...
                      X