No announcement yet.

Hurry Up Harry Your Plane's Coming: England v Belgium Part Deux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've a vague idea as to why I'm watching England's second friendly against Belgium in this tournament, but I've absolutely no idea as to why the professional and deeply, deeply tedious England haters are wasting their lives doing so.

Comment

England can stop with that corner tactic now. It doesn't work doing it over and over. Belgium almost even scored now in the counter while the English were trying to Keystone Kop their way normal.

Comment

Fabulous defending.

Comment

Belgium have put on England's shooting boots...

Comment

Would have been goal of the tournament, that.

Comment

Oh well...

Comment

All over now

Comment

Phil Jones there.

Comment

Hazard is in a different class.

As is Jones.

Comment

Get in. Go for a third

Comment

Dier is slower than death.

Comment

Jones has the turning speed of a rhino.

Comment

It's a philosophical question that needs answering - why is Phil Jones?

Comment

Phil Parkes would have been a better option in Jones' position.

Comment

Is Alexander-Arnold the only outfield player not to get any game time? Unfair on the lad if he is

Comment

He played the first Belgium game I think?

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                                    Is Alexander-Arnold the only outfield player not to get any game time? Unfair on the lad if he is
                                    I dont't recall Cahill getting on

Comment

TAA started in the group stage game. Probably should have played here.

Cahill started in the other Belgium game as well.

Comment

Pope and Butland are the only players not to get any game time.

Comment

England end their World Cup with as many defeats as victories (counting Colombia as a draw)

Comment

Come forth said The Lord unto Moses. But he came third and won a bronze medal...

Comment

Anyway, I'm awaiting the next installment of the Kane family tree...

Comment

It will be interesting to see how these two teams develop over the next 2-4 years. Will Belgium increase their superiority or will England reduce the gap?

England's creativity in the final third was shown to be limited in these last two games and the defence wasn't good enough, as we always suspected. I think they have better tactics and fluidity than past sides (post-1996) but the failings are still evident.
                                                Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 14-07-2018, 16:49.

Comment

Once opposition teams and referee's had cottoned onto their set piece shenanigans, England were toast. Fair play to them for getting so far. France would have murdered them in the final.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                                    I've a vague idea as to why I'm watching England's second friendly against Belgium in this tournament
                                                    I don't think either team treated this as a friendly. Belgium certainly didn't. Martinez took Lukaku off, the player who hoped to win the Golden Boot. That's not what a coach does in a game he doesn't take very seriously. Unless he really hates Lukaku.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X