Most persistent e-mail marketers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
    'Buying again' isn't exactly going to stop them.
    Oh, I didn't mean to imply it would stop them. It just means you'll go into a different marketing stream.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
      I hate that casual dropped into conversation "can I have your email address?" You get at Lots of shops now.
      It's designed to catch you off guard so you give it before you've had a chance to question it.
      It must work because whenever I say "of course not" in reply they look surprised.

I asked what they wanted it for once. "So we can email you your receipt," they said.
      "Why, have you run out of till rolls?" I asked, baffled. Apparently they hadn't.
      Haha. I shop regularly at an orange colored big-box store that always offers to email you a receipt.

I'm also the guy who does their email marketing, so I quickly jab 'no thanks' and get the paper one.

Comment

Comment

The Victoria Theatre in Halifax seem to have been impressed with me during my sole visit for a (shitty) pantomime several years ago. I guess they think if I watched that, I'll be keen to book tickets for any old shit. And it is mostly shit, like many theatres they don't seem to put on plays any more, just tribute acts, theme nights, and third division TV panel show comedians.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
            I hate that casual dropped into conversation "can I have your email address?" You get at Lots of shops now.
            It's designed to catch you off guard so you give it before you've had a chance to question it.
            It must work because whenever I say "of course not" in reply they look surprised.

I asked what they wanted it for once. "So we can email you your receipt," they said.
            "Why, have you run out of till rolls?" I asked, baffled. Apparently they hadn't.
            Argos is the worst for this. They must know I'm lying about not having an email address but working in retail turns you into an empty husk, apathetic to all around you... or am I just projecting again?

Comment

Working...
            X