No announcement yet.

Treble Treble, Your Face is a Mess: Scottish Fitba 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't see it, don't care. Hope Mackay-Steven is ok.

And look at you Rangers: top of the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
      Didn't see it, don't care. Hope Mackay-Steven is ok.

And look at you Rangers: top of the league.
      Mmmm, both Rangers and Celtic getting helping hands from refs.....who would have thought it!

Comment

I wonder if Andrew is any relation to Hugh?

Comment

He is indeed - he's Hugh's son.

Comment

Originally posted by Gawpus View Post
            He is indeed - he's Hugh's son.
            Andrew is Hugh's illegitimate son, hence the song "who's the bastard in the black" - I'll get my coat.

Comment

Can't let it go unremarked that after the midweek results, Killie are top of the league.

Yes, Killie. Top of the league. In December.

It won't last, but it's bloody funny while it does...

Comment

Steve Clarke is a miracle worker.

Comment

I’m having palpitations at the thought of Stevie Me actually winning the league with the fucking Rangers but. Klopp might be a twat but Stevie “coming home” to Liverpool in a year or two fills me with dread.

Comment

Lampard at Chelsea and/or West Ham U, and Gerrard at Liverpool are two certainties you could bet your Ray Winstone owned house on.

Comment

And predictably, Celtic twat Kilmarnock 5-1 to go back to the top.

Sorry Killie folks, I'll keep my big gub shut next time.

Comment

Oh, and somewhat suprisingly* Thistle have won their first game in nearly three months, 2-0 against Dunfermline.

*Fucking astonishingly

Comment

That’s the benefit of terrorizing yr players kicking in there blameless. Caldwell was playing the long game.

Comment

Bugger. Arbroath have lost.

Comment

Thank fuck. 10 points in it still, so it’s a lost cause anyways but at least Rovers might put up a bit of a title fight.

Comment

Our play-off hopes weren't helped by a poor home performance in our 1-0 loss to Stranraer.

Duffy has a lot of work ahead. This squad simply isnt good enough as it is to secure 4th place.

Comment

Celtic are all over the shop after 15 minutes, but still 0-0.

Comment

Ryan Jack finally makes it 1-0 Rangers

Comment

Gammon 1-0 Bacon

Comment

The most one-sided one-nil I've seen for a while, Celtic were dreadful.

Comment

I'm at Firhill with blameless snr. Thistle are still mince.

Comment

Happy new year everyone.

So how's your club's January transfer dealings coming along? At St Mirren, we're doing everything in our power to try and eradicate all traces that Alan Stubbs was ever allowed to set foot at the club. So many of the donkeys he brought in are being turfed back out, but we're also losing players who have featured heavily this season and done not too badly, Adam Hammill being the standout one. So far 7 have gone with only 2 coming in. Will we actually have 11 players left to take on Alloa in the cup next week?

Comment

Our defeat to Alloa led to a statement by Robbie Neilson that there were several players not good enough, 5 or 6 would be coming in etc

Presumably knowing the new US owner was prepared to cough up. So he i’s raiding MK Scum, where he took various Scottish products with him: Aidan Nesbitt, former Celtic youth star came on last week against Thistle and won a penalty. Osman Sow, ex-Hearts, is supposed to be next.

in terms of clear out, he certainly made his point as Curran was on the bench on Saturday afternoon but unveiled at Dundee before the day was out.
                                              The message boards are full of anger and negativity but given we had to change managers and this is his 1st window I don’t see how he could’ve transformed things if, as the same people say, the players are "“shite"”.
                                              Last edited by Felicity, I guess so; 09-01-2019, 11:18.

Comment

Originally posted by CY_Boaby View Post
                                                Happy new year everyone.

So how's your club's January transfer dealings coming along? At St Mirren, we're doing everything in our power to try and eradicate all traces that Alan Stubbs was ever allowed to set foot at the club. So many of the donkeys he brought in are being turfed back out, but we're also losing players who have featured heavily this season and done not too badly, Adam Hammill being the standout one. So far 7 have gone with only 2 coming in. Will we actually have 11 players left to take on Alloa in the cup next week?
                                                Non-existent so far.

We're short on players. Our former manager prioritised quality over quantity in the summer (or what he thought was quality) and built a small squad. Four of those players are currently injured, including Rory Loy. Between Loy and Craig Barr we have a fair whack of wages tied up in long term injuries. Add in Grant Adam, Ross Perry and Ian Russell and that's 5 injured players that we're paying without getting anything back. Saturday we were reduced to a bench of 3 - that included the substitute keeper and a player who was fit enough for maybe 20 minutes.

Clearly we're not going to move on the injured players unless anybody decides that they're going to retire and would walk away for little or no compensation. There are players who are fit that Jim Duffy may want to move on but short of paying them to leave, we'll need to hope that another club is willing to take on their contract or that they're willing to take a drop in wages.

We'll do some deals during the window but right now it's difficult to see what we're going to do. Dom Thomas was a stand out for us on loan but he's back at Kilmarnock for Clarke to look at as a squad option for the rest of their season and may not return. Right now we need bodies as having such a threadbare squad isnt viable. An injury or two and we're struggling to field 11 players. Beyond that? We really need help at both ends of the park as we're down to the bare bones at the back (midfielder Stuart Carswell is filling in as a centre half) and up front (Bobby Barr may have scored 2 on Saturday but we really don't have a recognised striker and ideally need a target man type at this level).

It's an understatement to say that we have work to do.

Comment

If Dumbarton need players, there's plenty still heading out the exit door at Paisley. That's now 12 out and 4 in, and sad to see Cammy Smith leave for Dundee Utd. Fans player of the year last season, Stubbs didn't rate him and neither does Kearney. Bugger.

And I see Jackie McNamarra is back in Scottish Football, this time as a 'Consultant' at Dunfermline. I'm sure Blameless and Felicity have some lovely stories about his time at their respective clubs. What the hell are Dunfermline thinking?!?!?

Comment

Ratnamara is a greedy little tit who will leave the Pars potless. But then you'd expect any fan of Thistle, DUFC or York to say pretty much exactly that.

As for new signings, we've got five new players; Gary Harkins - who was impressive for Thistle in his first spell, but unfortunately that was more than a decade ago now - and four guys I've never heard of. The new keeper has managed not to fling any in his own net so far though, which is good.

Caldwell's now got a record of P12 W1 D4 L7, and still won't admit to making any mistakes. First it was Archibald's fault, then the players, and now it's the referees that are causing Caldwell to look like a haddie apparently. I'd almost prefer Ratnamara - brass necked little shite or not, at least he knew how to win a few games.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X