X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ginger, like a beefier McCall

Comment

And fewer teeth.

Hopkin's Livi were direct to say the least but were well organised and played to their strengths. Just like the St Mirren team under the next manager, fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tapiocahead View Post
        What's David Hopkin like? Being announced tomorrow at Bradford City
        Pepsi Max, Star Trek Voyager and Adidas trainers

Comment

Sounds a winner to me

Comment

Originally posted by KingsburySaint View Post
            And fewer teeth.

Hopkin's Livi were direct to say the least but were well organised and played to their strengths. Just like the St Mirren team under the next manager, fingers crossed.
            The first international break of the season usually means two things:

1. The Diddy Cup gets top billing on a Saturday afternoon
            2. Bad managers get sacked.

The board have a lot of explaining to do - how can Alan Stubbs have been the right choice only 3 months ago? And they gave him a 3 year contract!!

So will Kenny Miller engineer a training ground bust-up with Neil McCann so he can get freed at Dundee leaving him to become our player-manager? Or will Paddy Kluivert and Guti get in touch again? Oh god, please let it not be Yogi Hughes or Paul Hartley. Whoever they appoint now has a load of shit signings to deal with until the January transfer window opens.

Comment

Stubbs made the mistake of winning the cup with Hibs, that's a hell of a re-balancing karma has to undertake.

Comment

Ray McKinnon to Falkirk.
                Jonatan Johansson to Morton.
                Oran Kearney to St Mirren.
                Gary Holt to Livingston.

John Hughes was asked if he'd apply for the St Mirren job on BBC radio the other night, but he, quite honestly, said he wouldn't because he'd need to move to Paisley from Edinburgh. I'm not sure where John Hughes thinks Paisley is or how long it takes to get there.

Someone who claims to know about these things told me that it doesn't matter who's manager of Livingston, David Martindale is actually the manager.

The 3rd best side in the world are playing in Glasgow tonight and yet I can't remember an international match having a lower profile in the city.

Comment

Don't know if anyone saw Craig Thompson's ludicrous decision to send off Michael Devlin of Aberdeen in the 5th minute versus Kilmarnock. Aberdeen appealed the decision and I haven't seen anyone from any team agree that it was a red card. The SFA's appeals committee bafflingly upheld the decision, despite the fact that the Kilmarnock fouled Devlin first, despite the fact that the Kilmarnock player was still 40 yards from goals and that Logan would have easily covered. Baffling, but not surprising given that the SFA bend over backwards on all things for two clubs (I'll let you figure out which two) and to hell with the rest of the teams.

Comment

Well, the new-manager bounce has certainly worked for St Mirren. Not too many would have predicted we'd have kept a clean sheet against the champions, having come into this game with a goal difference of -6. The feel-good factor's back after the wrecking ball that was Alan Stubbs.

Jonatan Johanasson almost had a dream start with Morton, but Dundee Utd got an equaliser 3 minutes into added time. Only 4,500 turned up for that one at Tannadice. I can't say I've been keeping an eye on their attendances much, but that does seem rather low.

Gary Holt continues to be a genius with Livingston; 3 wins out of 3 sees them rocket to 3rd in the table.

But there's always one who just has to go against the grain; step forward Mr Ray McKinnon. Not content at losing his first match with Falkirk last week against the mighty Connah’s Quay Nomads in the Diddy Cup, he's gone and followed it up with a 3-2 loss at Ayr Utd, having been 2-0 up at half-time. Keep up the good work!

Meanwhile Raith Rovers are still without a manager following the resignation of Barry Smith at the beginning of the month. With Yogi Hughes refusing to take anything in the west of the country, this job could be perfect for him. Oh, wait a minute....

Comment

I went to see The Jambos consolidate their place at the top of the table yesterday. They'll be a very difficult side to break down this season, but, it's hard to see where their goals are going to come from on a regular basis. Did you head over RobM?

Comment

The baffling SFA disciplinary process gets even more baffling with Kilmarnock's boss (Steve, Steven or is it Stephen - the SFA got his name wrong on the documents charging him!) now being charged with comments made after Dicker's red card was not over turned, yet when Steven Gerrard claimed there was an institutional bias by referees against Rangers (a pretty laughable comment in itself), no action is taken. Numerous inconsistencies so far this season and the the lack of transparency means it's only going to get worse.

Comment

Only been to one game this season up at Cove. Going well and I hope it continues but I find it fairly hard to be anything but indifferent to the Premier these days (this may change as the season progresses).

Comment

Well, that was unexpected.

Comment

Ha! Wonder what odds you could have got on Livi being a point ahead of Celtic after 6 matches.... (not saying I like Livi, btw...)

Comment

The SFA have finally put their pants on their head and stuck a pencil up each nostril. Fucking numb-nutted imbeciles.

Comment

What’s happened now? Jim farry back?

Comment

Both League Cup semis at Hampden on the same day. 12.00 and then 7.45 for Celtic v Hearts, on a Sunday.

Comment

Sorry, what?

Comment

Last train to Edinburgh, circa, running the gauntlet.

Comment

That’s fuckin madness. There’s gonna be potential carnage cos Stevie Cuntface G threw his toys out the pram re scheduling?

Comment

Aberdeen and hearts fans are both known for their placcid tempraments of course. Let alone the ugly sisters wanks. That’s the new leccy trains to Waverley gonna be trashed so.

Comment

First train from Aberdeen arrives in Glasgow at 12.15pm, only 15 minutes after kick off!

Comment

And as it’s not fuckin rugby, there’s no chance of Scotrail running extra services. I fuckin despise the SFA. They might actually be worse than the corrupt gombeens shoveling money into their own pockets in the FAI.

Comment

Aberdeen and hearts fans are both known for their placcid tempraments of course.
                                                  I've got an exceptionally placid temprament and I'll have a square fucking go with any bastard that suggests otherwise.

On a more pedantic note and far be it from me to give the SFA anything but a hard time, this particular piece of old-firm centric aresholery is all the SPFL's doing. The minute it became apparent that both games were going to be on the Sunday I knew Aberdeen would get the 12 o'clock kick off, but hats off to the organisers for managing to make it supremely awkward for Hearts fans as well.

Comment

Aye, last train Embra from Queen st can’t be too long after full time.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X