No announcement yet.

WHAT THE JEFF JUST HAPPENED: CRO-FRA Final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about, once the fourth official’s board goes up for a substitution, the withdrawn player has ten seconds to vacate the pitch before - I dunno - a sanction of some sort? Red card? Or the substitution is forfeited?

Or execution. (It’s the drink...).

Comment

“Everything France will do will be very professional now”

Giroud miscontrols a throw in to him and volleys it right in to the stand.
      Last edited by Ray de Galles; 15-07-2018, 16:49.

Comment

I haven't had a chance to watch the France-Peru match yet but Matuidi did not look very impressive in the other games. What little I saw of him with Juve was also underwhelming. He was very good with PSG.

Comment

Mandzukic wishes he'd seen that a second sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by HORN View Post
            How about, once the fourth official’s board goes up for a substitution, the withdrawn player has ten seconds to vacate the pitch before - I dunno - a sanction of some sort? Red card? Or the substitution is forfeited?
            How about players just have to leave the pitch wherever on the touchline or goal-line is closest to them?

Comment

Originally posted by Бога Нет View Post
              How about players just have to leave the pitch wherever on the touchline or goal-line is closest to them?
              Ah, as a Croatian player did two minutes after I posted that.

Comment

Honestly, if I hadn't read the posts on here about Giroud, I would not have known he was on the pitch. I didn't think he was in the starting 11.

Comment

played very well today.

Comment

WTF Pogba.

Comment

Hard not to conclude that England would have thrashed France out of sight, surely?

Comment

Ah well, that was all very entertaining.

Now back to the real world.

Comment

Originally posted by Бога Нет View Post
                          Hard not to conclude that England would have thrashed France out of sight, surely?
                          We lack one of the top defenders in the world, so I can't see how we could have stood up to them.

Comment

Feel bad for Croatia, but in all France were the better team. If Croatia had converted their first half chances, might have ended up differently.

Comment

Tough luck, PPV. I was supporing France but your team played like lions. Referee gave you nothing. Why he couldn't allow the quickly taken free kick at 4-2 I don't know.

Comment

I feared a 0-0 that ended on penalties. This was certainly one of the more exciting finals in recent memory. Croatia was hard done by to a degree, but a free kick that was wrongly awarded doesn't equal a goal. And Lloris seemed to give that one back. France was never a truly dominant team but they went through a much tougher side of the bracket once they got to the knockouts and are deserving winners for me.

Comment

Pogba becomes the first Man United player to win a World Cup since 1966.

Comment

Really good game, France deserved it for the second half performance but wish they hadn’t got their first half goals from a dive and a dubious decision. Congratulations to their supporters on here, commiserations to PPV.

Comment

France may, at times, have looked a bit bland, reliant on organisation. But they paired that with some explosive fast counter attacks. And, even more, never looked likely to lose a match all tournament. I think it's fair to say that they were the best team in the tournament. They're not the team I've enjoyed watching the most - Belgium, or the Croatia who played the second half vs England and the first half here, or (if I'd seen more of them) possibly Japan, would be that. But I think we have the right champions.

Great tournament, and very happy to have an interesting, exciting final (even if some of the excitement went out of it at 4-1).

Comment

Originally posted by bix80
                                        After tonight and the last 20 years, have France equalled or overtaken Germany as THE European giants?
                                        France have 2 World Cups and one Euros, plus a Euro second place in 20 years. Germany—one World Cup, one second place, 2 third place finishes, and one Euros second place. Spain have one World Cup, and two Euros, but it much else apart from that 4-year period.

Comment

The big thing for me about France v. Germany is that France won the first WC at home and the 2nd place Euro at home. But still, they have developed into a giant in the national team game.

Comment

I thought Croatia were robbed. They played all the football in the first half and went in a goal down due to some awful refereeing. They still took the game to France but were always going to be susceptible to quick breaks forward. First half totally conditioned what happened subsequently.

Comment

This has got to be the longest time to get a trophy celebration going.

Comment

Cruel to make Croatia wait so long on the field for the ceremony to start.

Comment

Fox was at commercial when they handed out the individual trophies, now they are showing it and saying it’s live.

Comment

Modric wins Player of the Tournament, Mbappé best Young Player.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X