FA Cup 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    I’m tempted by the all-Welsh tie too but it may be a little too much.
    There speaks a man who has spent a Saturday night in Wrexham.

Comment

Ha ha, I meant too much of an addition to the overall trip - though you make a good point too. My last two Saturday nights in Wrexham have been, er, eventful - especially as one of them was 24 hrs after seeing Wales beat Belgium in Lille during Euro 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
        Second Round Draw

15 Barnet or Bristol Rovers v Stockport County
        It's occurred to me we haven't played a match in London since October 2010, a month before I relocated down south. Even when in Hayes's division for a season they were exiled in Surrey. Really want Barnet, but this now looks like a fairly easy path to round 3 for Rovers.

Comment

Woohoo bring on Scunthorpe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal Staples View Post
            It's occurred to me we haven't played a match in London since October 2010, a month before I relocated down south. Even when in Hayes's division for a season they were exiled in Surrey. Really want Barnet, but this now looks like a fairly easy path to round 3 for Rovers.
            Au contraire...

Comment

Over the two games, Salford were a real let down.

Must be a poor Conference this season.

Comment

Tranmere v Southport is scheduled for the same day as the "other" Merseyside derby. The last time that happened was ... no, you look it up. I dunno, 19-thirty-something.

Comment

Tranmere? Merseyside?

Comment

1976 was when they last met, when Tranmere were promoted out of the fourth division. Southport were voted out of the league a year later to make way for Wigan. No idea when or even if both matches have ever taken place on the same day.
                    Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 22-11-2018, 07:26.

Comment

Southport last played Tranmere two seasons ago in the National League, having also met in the previous season.

Comment

Ah, of course. My mind immediately went to Southport leaving the league to begin searching!

Comment

Why are Blackpool tomatoes instead of tangerines?

Comment

Played Solihull.

Comment

Caught the last 20 minutes. Rather entertaining stuff despite the 0-0 score line.

Comment

According to my dad, Shrewsbury's second round game is on Sunday because the Beeb thought Salford would beat them and so it would have been Salford v Scunny.

Comment

More likely because they always need eight games for their “Final Score” service and there were few attractive ties in this round.

Wimbledon survived Halifax having the better of the first half to come away 1-3 winners and the first team in to the third round outright. Presuming their managerial saga ends next week they will have changed the man in charge after a winning cup tie twice this season.

Comment

Football must be totally shit if Shrewsbury v Scunthorpe ranks in the top 8 attractive games. (No offence, Scunny fans)

No wonder the FA Cup is dying on its arse.

Comment

Not a dig at any of the Shrewsbury fans here but thanks a fucking bunch for ruining our preparation.

A manager still employed by his club being told to stay away... I thought this was the FA Cup, not the Libertadores.

Comment

Yay... Jon Champion!

Comment

Damn you, dodgy stream.

Comment

Love how a few hardy souls have found their way onto the Kop.

Comment

Fine then... I'll have to go with 360p. At least it won't get stuck in a 20 second loop.

Comment

If you ever wondered where Jussi Jaaskelainen was these days...

Comment

If you had 18 minutes on your "first sight of Mickey Thomas" bingo card, congratulations.

And Champion doing the decent thing of mentioning Steve Watkin as well.

Comment

Bobby Grant is a dead spit for Andy McCluskey.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X