No announcement yet.

FA Cup 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dad phoned. He's excited about the draw because of the TV potential. *rolls eyes*

Comment

Hitchin get a visit from Solihull Moors in the unlikely event we win the reply at Leatherhead on Wednesday. It's the kind of tie that would be great to win, but we'd expect to lose. Not a lot of glamour either way.

Comment

Chorley vs Doncaster is destined for television in some capacity, as the home side are very much likely to win it. I'd love to visit their ground as it's a proper big old-school non-league ground, but alas I've committed to a long-weekend house-sitting in Matlock, so I'll have to watch us bow out to a bunch of patronised blokes being referred to by their day job, from a distance.

Comment

Nice draw for Haringey Borough. I reckon it's got a decent chance of being on TV, cos of the White Hart Lane angle. I would anticipate the game selling out too. I wrongly anticipated the Trophy draw against Orient selling out too; the eventual crowd was just north of 1,100 - but this is a much higher profile game in terms of media attention.

I'd fully expect Wimbledon to hammer Boro though.

Comment

At least Lincoln got a home draw against the Cobblers. Ideally I would have liked Haringey Borough away but home draw against same league opposition is ok.

Comment

Yeah, great draw for Haringey, and looks very televisable. I've got a couple of photos on my phone from boro's playoff final win, wonder if that'll help bump me up the priority list for tickets

Comment

Who am i kidding, it'll be salford city on tv won't it.

Comment

Aren’t there usually three or four televised games from the First Round onwards?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                    Would Met Police have to pay to have a police presence if they got a big league club at home in the first round.
                    I was imagining that the terraces would be patrolled by blokes in football gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                      Aren’t there usually three or four televised games from the First Round onwards?
                      They've split them onto Saturday & Sunday in previous years with a game on Friday night too.

Absolutely love the early rounds of the cup.

Comment

They do the 8 or so games on the Sunday afternoon Final Score where they cut between them depending on the progress of the games and any incidents. Then there are potential full broadcast slots on Saturday/Sunday lunchtime and Friday/Monday evening though I'm not sure they fill all of those.

Comment

Is there scope for regionalised coverage? I'm wondering if BBC2 Wales will put Newport's game on.

Comment

That's a good point actually, in recent years the Welsh teams' games have been on BBC Wales. I watched Blackburn v Swansea a couple of years ago, and Newport's game against Leeds was also on last season.

Comment

Heady days for Maidenhead who will play 2008 winners Pompey. Nothing like this in my memory. In Dev We Trust.

Comment

Dad phoned me last night all full of excitement after Shrewsbury's win over Barnsley and more convinced than ever that the Salford game is the big TV game of the weekend. I think he'll be more disappointed that they aren't on TV than if they lose the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
                                  That's a good point actually, in recent years the Welsh teams' games have been on BBC Wales. I watched Blackburn v Swansea a couple of years ago, and Newport's game against Leeds was also on last season.
                                  I went to Newport vs Walsall last season, I think it was a ~5pm KO. Managed to get a double header in by watching Cardiff Met vs Carmarthen at midday too. Saw Dylan Ebenezer and Owain Tudor Jones pitchside so I know it was covered by S4C. Not sure if BBC also showed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Southport Zeb View Post
                                    Southport at home to either Boreham Wood or Dagenham & Redbridge. Probably one of the least enticing draws we could have had.
                                    It is at least a winnable tie for Southport, because Boreham are very average - well organised but not impregnable at the back, nothing much going forward. That they only managed a soft goal from a badly-defended free kick that should never have been given last night suggests that they're there for the taking for any vaguely well-organised side (ie not Dagenham).

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                      Is there scope for regionalised coverage? I'm wondering if BBC2 Wales will put Newport's game on.
                                      Or Weston Super Mare v Wrexham...

Comment

According to the blog below, it is definitely four televised games this round, rising to six in later ones ;

https://twitter.com/footieontv/status/1054469944102907904?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by mirko bolesan View Post
                                          I went to Newport vs Walsall last season, I think it was a ~5pm KO. Saw Dylan Ebenezer and Owain Tudor Jones pitchside so I know it was covered by S4C. Not sure if BBC also showed it.
                                          I remember watching that. Newport beat them which I was mightily pleased about. But I can't remember which channel it was on.

Comment

Hitchin come back to win 1–2 aet at Leatherhead to make the FIRST ROUND PROPER!

Comment

Live telly ties. The announcement came sponsored by "the official TV of the FA Cup".

Friday 9 November 2018
                                              Haringey Borough v AFC Wimbledon (7.55pm)
                                              Live on BBC Two

Saturday 10 November 2018
                                              Maidenhead United v Portsmouth (12.30pm)
                                              Live on BT Sport 1

Sunday 11 November 2018
                                              Port Vale v Sunderland (2.30pm)
                                              Live on BT Sport 1

Monday 12 November 2018
                                              Hampton & Richmond Borough v Oldham Athletic (7.45pm)
                                              Live on BT Sport 1

Comment

PT's pater's going to be upset.

Comment

Ooh, I can get to all three games I’m interested - if I can get tickets.
                                                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 25-10-2018, 13:59.

Comment

I presume from this, that the BBC are no longer doing the eight matches on a Sunday connected to Final Score thing they've done in recent seasons? I read the live game selection announcement on the BBC and there was no mention of it.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X