FA Cup 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Me Old Flower View Post
    I had assumed that the Blyth team that Knaresborough Town knocked out a few weeks ago was The Spartans. I didn't know the town had two sides.
    It's a confusion you won't face again. It turned out that the Knaresborough game was their last one:

https://www.newspostleader.co.uk/spo...-out-1-9323838

Comment

Chorley are on the BBC at lunchtime (red button) away at Peterborough Sports. I'm beginning to suspect someone at Media City is a Chorley fan as from memory this is the third time one of their Cup qualifiers has been on the telly since the beeb moved there.

Comment

May well have to go to Bristol Manor Farm's replay on Tuesday night now.

Comment

Eyecatching result of the day must be Glenn Tamplin’s Billericay Lions spanking Whitehawk 9-1.

I know an Orient acquaintance that also follows ‘Hawk who went to that. Probably got a soaking watching it too. Ouch.

Comment

Lots of Lancashire teams in action today - Marine play Salford City, Southport v Ashton, Chorley and Fylde at home as well.

Comment

The last survivors from the Extra Preliminary Round, Dunston UTS, were beaten by National League side Gateshead after a run that saw them knock out Hebburn, Pontefract Collieries, North Ferriby United, Irlam and Chester.

The only survivors from the Preliminary Round are Haringey Borough who so far have beaten Stanway Rovers, Brentwood Town, Erith Town, AFC Sudbury and Poole Town - equalling Dunston's run.

There will be at least two other* Step 3 sides in the first round: Metropolitan Police and whoever wins between Hitchin and Leatherhead. The winner of that replay will probably be the lowest ranked side left. Two other Step 3 sides - Taunton and Warrington - have replays.

*Haringey Borough, despite being Step 3, entered a round before other Step 3 sides, because newly promoted sides had to enter at the Preliminary Round stage.
              Last edited by Bizarre Löw Triangle; 22-10-2018, 12:42.

Comment

There are just six steps to Heaven (ie from the Extra Prelim to meeting a D3 or D4 sleeping giant)

Comment

Would Met Police have to pay to have a police presence if they got a big league club at home in the first round. Like Sunderland who might bring a few thousand fans.

Comment

I've refereed their junior teams at Imber Court. Has it been upgraded to fit them all in? De Galles to thread

Comment

I saw them play at home to Crawley in the First Round a few years ago and don't recall much, if any, policing. I suppose if they got a team like Sunderland or relatively near neighbours Wimbledon they might need a more noticeable police presence.

The capacity is allegedly 3,000 and the one stand seats a little under 10% of that. There's been no upgrading I can recall in the dozen or so years that I've occasionally seen the odd game there.

Comment

Also, do opposing stadium announcers play a certain NWA song when Met Police come to play? The temptation must be great.

Comment

Obviously not, though they have run out to 'I Fought The Law' at home previously and may still do so.

Everyone realises there are no actual policemen in the team anymore, don't they?

Comment

I didn't. Since the News of the World stopped sponsoring them?

Comment

Orient bombed out before the 1st round proper for the first time since 1907, with a dull 2-0 loss at Maidstone. Plenty of possession but no threat, as we rested some key players and fannied about experimenting with 3 at the back. Caught cold by 2 defensive mistakes, and that was it. Oh well, I guess getting out of the National League is the priority, and we’re in with a sniff of promotion this season (so far...).

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                Everyone realises there are no actual policemen in the team anymore, don't they?
                                So they won't be particularly targeting black opponents then? Good to know.

Comment

The draw tonight comes from Top Field. Woo hoo (I guess.)

Comment

Dennis Wise has a look of Norman Wisdom.

Comment

Is Dennis Wise trying to get a jump on Movember? What a twat.

Comment

Three of interest for me, probably won’t get a ticket for Haringey Borough v Wimbledon but Met Police v Newport and Hampton & Richmond v Oldham are great ties. I’ll try and get a ticket for all three as one, at least, will move for TV.
                                        Last edited by Ray de Galles; 22-10-2018, 18:43.

Comment

Southport at home to either Boreham Wood or Dagenham & Redbridge. Probably one of the least enticing draws we could have had.

Comment

Ah fuck. No cup run for Salop this year. Bound to lose that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                              Ah fuck. No cup run for Salop this year. Bound to lose that one.
                                              Guess it might get on TV though with the whole class of 92 glamour.

Comment

It would if the vanity project had been drawn at home, but most televised ties are picked with non-league/lower league clubs hosting, or Man Utd.
                                                As well as those listed by RdG other possibilities are Chorley v Doncaster, Aldershot v Bradford, Bromley v Peterborough, Alfreton v Joey Barton's Fleetwood and Chippenham/Maidenhead v Portsmouth. I think the TV companies are spoilt for choice compared to previous seasons.

Comment

I don't think that will make much difference - Salford are likely to get the Man Utd fans watching so will be seen as a big TV draw regardless of where they're playing. Same thing happened with FC United when they were drawn away to Rochdale a few years back.

Comment

Shrewsbury v Salford looks a good candidate for one of those BBC round the grounds games on the Sunday afternoon. As do Chesterfield v Billericay / Taunton and Port Vale v Sunderland.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X