X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bollocks We won.

Comment

Originally posted by blameless View Post
      I suspect the Beeb use WRE because it works in both English and Welsh?
      I've seen S4C use WXM in the past.

Comment

A very nice win against a Northampton side on the up and up, including a late screamer from Bruno Andrade. Bit worrying that we were 2-0 up and let Northampton peg us back. Defence has been a bit fragile lately.

Comment

Second Round Draw

1 Guiseley v Fleetwood Town
          2 Bury v Luton Town
          3 Wrexham v Newport County
          4 Tranmere Rovers or Oxford City v Southport
          5 Southend United or Crawley Town v Barnsley
          6 Shrewsbury Town or Salford City v Scunthorpe United
          7 Solihull Moors v Blackpool
          8 Chesterfield or Billericay Town v Grimsby Town
          9 Peterborough United v Aldershot or Bradford City
          10 Swindon Town v Woking
          11 Maidstone United v Oldham Athletic
          12 Lincoln City v Carlisle United
          13 Morecambe or FC Halifax Town v AFC Wimbledon
          14 Plymouth Argyle v Oxford United or Forest Green Rovers
          15 Barnet or Bristol Rovers v Stockport County
          16 Rochdale v Portsmouth
          17 Walsall v Sunderland
          18 Accrington Stanley v Ebbsfleet United or Cheltenham Town
          19 Mansfield Town or Charlton Athletic v Chorley or Doncaster Rovers
          20 Sutton United or Slough Town v Gillingham or Hartlepool United

Ties to be played on I don't know, first weekend in December usually isn't it?

Guiseley v Joey Barton's Fleetwood will be a TV pick, although it still looks like an all non-league tie to me.
          Wrexham v Newport is also interesting, all Welsh and non-league club at home (SUBS PLS CHECK)
          And Scunny could be on TV, barring a shock Shrewsbury win in their replay.
          Maidstone v Oldham and Solihull v Blackpool are other possibles I guess, not sure Gillingham are a big enough name if they get through.

Comment

Just about the shittest draw we (Carlisle) could have got - I hate getting a team that's in our division, and to get one that's not local and will inevitably knock you out is even worse.

If Tranmere get through their replay then I'd have thought their game with Southport could be television fodder, being almost kind of slightly close to a derby. Likewise Charlton v Chorley, although that looks less probable that it'll come to pass.

Comment

2013 Conference play-off final memories still fresh in the mind as well. One of the worst matches you're ever likely to see and those last five minutes still feel like a kick in the teeth.

Comment

Wrexham v Newport will be on BBC Wales, surely.

I'm not going to rise to jwdd27's comment about Shrewsbury. Mainly because it's true.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                  Second Round Draw

2 Bury v Luton Town
                  10 Swindon Town v Woking
                  16 Rochdale v Portsmouth
                  17 Walsall v Sunderland

Guiseley v Joey Barton's Fleetwood will be a TV pick, although it still looks like an all non-league tie to me.
                  Wrexham v Newport is also interesting, all Welsh and non-league club at home (SUBS PLS CHECK)
                  Maidstone v Oldham and Solihull v Blackpool are other possibles I guess, not sure Gillingham are a big enough name if they get through.
                  There's not a lot that stands out from a TV perspective. Everything potentially attractive has a really dull alternative. I suspect they'll pick a couple of all-league ties. Walsall v Sunderland seems like a fairly obvious pick.

Comment

Luton at home on the first weekend in December. Be still my beating heart.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                      Second Round Draw

2 Bury v Luton Town
                      10 Swindon Town v Woking
                      16 Rochdale v Portsmouth
                      17 Walsall v Sunderland

Sutton or Slough.

Nice and handy for White City.

(Although don't they broadcast out of Salford these days?)

Comment

Accrington away - if we can somehow scrape past Ebbsfleet.

Joy unconfined...

Comment

Sutton or Slough.

Nice and handy for White City.

Mrs b commutes daily from Sutton to White City - ain't nothing nice or handy about it...

Comment

My dad's thinking of going to Salford next week for the replay.

Comment

If, and it's a big if, Bradford City beat Aldershot then it's Peterborough away, which is Saturday's fixture anyway

Comment

Slough is the only one of the clubs to appear in a Jam song

Comment

Not so, Woking is mentioned in ‘Sounds From The Street’ as Weller’s home town.
                                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 14-11-2018, 11:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                                    Just about the shittest draw we (Carlisle) could have got - I hate getting a team that's in our division, and to get one that's not local and will inevitably knock you out is even worse.
                                    Hope we remember to water the pitch before this one. I'll be on a pub crawl anyway, so won't be going. Satisfactory draw, though obviously would have preferred somewhere away in the South East to have given me a break from drinking.

Comment

I’m quite taken by Wimbledon’s draw.

I’m in Manchester the night prior for work anyway and have never been to Morecambe’s ground (does it have a non-sponsored name?) or The Shay. The former has the added attractions of the Eric statue and Midland Hotel in the town while the latter ground has the history and speedway connections.

If I make the tie it would likely be my 250th ground too. That milestone was going to be reached in Albania next week but I’ve had to pull out of that trip now so a Cup tie in the frozen north seems a fitting replacement.
                                      Last edited by Ray de Galles; 14-11-2018, 12:48.

Comment

Wrexham v Newport moved to 8pm on a Saturday night for BTSport.

A few years ago, a match between Dartford and Wrexham was moved to a Sunday kickoff because Newport were due to travel to Ebbsfleet on the same day and the risk of disorder between the travelling fans was considered too severe.

So it's good news for fans of scenes that no-one wanted to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarre Löw Triangle View Post
                                          Wrexham v Newport moved to 8pm on a Saturday night for BTSport.

A few years ago, a match between Dartford and Wrexham was moved to a Sunday kickoff because Newport were due to travel to Ebbsfleet on the same day and the risk of disorder between the travelling fans was considered too severe.

So it's good news for fans of scenes that no-one wanted to see.
                                          Really?

Comment

Wimbledon’s away tie chosen for the Saturday lunchtime BT slot.

Slightly bewildering given the lack of entertainment in the televised game against Haringey but I suppose they are rightfully seen as a likely candidate for an upset.

Still, makes it even more convenient for me and I’m tempted by the all-Welsh tie too but it may be a little too much.

https://twitter.com/emiratesfacup/status/1063016704098353152?s=21
                                            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 15-11-2018, 11:32.

Comment

Telly ties in full:

Solihull Moors v Blackpool (7.55pm, Friday 30th Nov, BBC)
                                              Morecambe or Halifax Town v AFC Wimbledon (12.30pm, Sat 1st Dec, BT)
                                              Wrexham v Newport County (8pm, Sat 1st Dec, BT)
                                              Guiseley v Joey Barton's Fleetwood Town (8pm, Mon 3rd Dec, BT)

Blackpool on the BBC could be a useful opportunity for their fans to bring the ongoing Oyston impasse to the attention of the wider public again.

Comment

Originally posted by ingoldale View Post
                                                Really?
                                                Actually not quite. The game was moved to a Friday evening for that reason. A sudden rainstorm caused a late-notice postponement with the Wrexham team already in Kent. Given Wrexham had already checked into a hotel, both sides agreed to try again the following morning and the cops acceded to this.

So did end up being played on the Saturday, as originally scheduled.

Comment

Only one BBC match? I assumed that broadcasters shared two apiece.

Comment

No, the BBC only had one last round too. I think they get two matches (from a total up to six that are televised) in later rounds though.

No Salford this time around is a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X