FA Cup 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billy Casper View Post
    Burnley v Barnsley also gets the 12:30 on Saturday treatment.
    Might be able to make that then...

Comment

Where the fuck are they going to broadcast Shrewsbury v Stoke? I mean, no disrespect, but Stoke aren't Premier League now and have probably been forgotten about by the global audience and, fucking hell, they've barely heard of Shrewsbury Town in south Shropshire!

Comment

Fairly local?
        To make up to whoever's Dad thought a previous Shrewsbury game would be on TV and then it wasn't?

Edit - Oh, this is for overseas broadcast? The perils of not clicking back to the previous page... Erm, no, you've got me. Looks like they drew those games randomly from a hat.
        Last edited by Janik; 08-12-2018, 08:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
          Where the fuck are they going to broadcast Shrewsbury v Stoke? I mean, no disrespect, but Stoke aren't Premier League now and have probably been forgotten about by the global audience and, fucking hell, they've barely heard of Shrewsbury Town in south Shropshire!
          PT - is this game likely to sell out ? A few of us are hoping to come down from Glasgow to watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stobart View Post
            PT - is this game likely to sell out ? A few of us are hoping to come down from Glasgow to watch it.
            It might. There's a bit of interest among Shrewsbury fans and Stoke is close enough for a sizeable away following. Might be best to book tickets in advance. Definitely book safe standing tickets if you want to try that section out.

Comment

Newport win the inter-Welsh battle of round 2. Home tie against Leicester next.

HORN, are you going? If you've got a spare, I've yet to stand in the home end at Rodney Parade (hint, hint)

Comment

Stand? Ugh. And I had you down as a gentleman.

I’d be quite happy to watch it on the box. Let me see when it’s being played...

Edit: I will pm you.
                Last edited by HORN; 12-12-2018, 04:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                  Also, anyone abroad who really wants to see these matches will most likely have already signed up to the club's i-follow service, which of course doesn't include FA Cup matches precisely because they've been licensed for broadcast abroad, almost certainly to countries they don't live in and on channels that they can't get.

Comment

After last season’s debacle when some fans couldn’t buy FA Cup tickets because there was no one to answer the phone, Newport County acknowledged the need for improvement in their ticketing arrangements.

Right now the lead story on the Newport County ticket news page is that fans can pay on the day for the league match at Swindon. Last Saturday. There’s no mention of the 3rd round game v Premier League Leicester City.

Comment

Gah!

Can't complain about the red card; playing 70-odd minutes with 10 men - that kind of result was always likely, especially after exerting so much energy in the first half to try and stay in it.

Comment

Sky Sports get the team names confused for the third time this week, but Nick Pope is back for Burnley. The team selection is... interesting. An England centre back plays at right back, our current left back plays in left midfield (in a system proven not to work earlier this season) and the front two includes a £15m signing who can't get a sniff of playing time in the Premier League.

Comment

Arnautovic gets the first goal of the day. These spread out kick off times have ruined third round day.

Comment

Many things have ruined third round day, to be fair.

Comment

First ever appearance of VAR at Turf Moor overturns a penalty decision for the Clarets.

Comment

Vydra apparently slightly offside in the buildup well before being fouled. You've got to laugh.

Comment

The club have taken it well.

https://twitter.com/BurnleyOfficial/status/1081540530402664451

Comment

There appear to be many good seats available at Hillsborough

Comment

The fourth official in the Man U game is called Jon Moss.

He should be able to keep time, if nothing else.

Comment

Tahith Chong is playing for man utd. His hair is truly magnificent.

Comment

So that’s what ha occasioned the flood of memes

Comment

I now have a severe "wanna be your....lover" earworm. Excellent, excellent hair though.

Comment

Burnley have scored.

Comment

From a pelanty. No VAR this time.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                  So that’s what ha occasioned the flood of memes
                                                  That picture doesn't do it justice. it's actually longer now, and my god it moves.... It looks way bigger than Fellaini's. It has the effect making a player who is 6'1" look like a small child.

Comment

We were shite.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X