It's Sodding Great Cockroach Day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Sodding Great Cockroach Day.

Opened my kitchen closet this morning and it was crawling with cockroaches. Big, black, mean and disgusting. Had the exterminator in only a month ago but they're back. Gonna have to wash all my pots, pans and plates and close off my kitchen again while the exterminator does his thing.

Really pissed off.

Wait...are you in NC now? Cuz that's the only place I've ever been (Outer Banks) where we had cockroaches in our rental. Exterminator didn't seem particularly fussed about them.

Comment

Yep. In NC. This time of year bug central. Your exterminator comes. You have to pretty much close up your house for a couple days and it still has this foul chemical stench for about a week afterwards. You have to toss any non-refrigerated or packaged food. Ask the exterminator if they will be back and a shrug and a "They might." will be the response.

Had them before, of course, but not this bad.

Comment

I had some food arrive from New York the other day, packed in dry ice. There was a cryogenic cockroach in there. I hate the fuckers. I forget that it's the entire east coast that's drowning in them, and not just New York.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
          I had some food arrive from New York the other day, packed in dry ice.
          Well...lookit you....

Comment

Apparently they live in coffee machines there.

Comment

Though they usually don't last long once the alligators climb out of the sewers . . .

Comment

Contacted the exterminator today. Can't come until Wednesday. Bought some super strength roach spray and blasted the closet. Hope that will do until then.

Comment

Ugggheee. Nasty nasty things.

Comment

Eat them. Apparently they taste like honey.

Comment

You first.

Comment

They have sent reconnaissance parties into my food cupboards. My pots, pans and plates are already stacked in my lounge now I have to shift all my food packages too. I am not alone. My next door neighbor, a nice lady, is also being invaded. She has lived around here much longer than I have and says it is a "hundred year phenomenon". Can't say that it makes me feel any better.

Comment

I thought this was the Boris Johnson Resigns thread.

Comment

I think you'll find that adams house cat would prefer the cockroaches to Boris Johnson in his flat.

Apparently cockroaches find us totally disgusting, reciprocating our sentiments entirely.

Comment

If so G-Man the feeling is mutual although I don't imagine how anyone has canvassed the opinion of cockroaches. And I do not want Boris Johnson in my house.

Comment

Can we put Boris Johnson in your house while it's being fumigated?

Comment

I would consider it for a nominal consideration. After all, exterminators have to be paid.

Comment

Exterminator came Wednesday. Blasted my kitchen and my bathroom. Can't enter my own house until Saturday. Staying with friends. Forgot to tell my cleaning lady. She comes on Wednesdays and evidently nearly passed out. Paid her for coming out. Wasn't her fault I forgot to mention it.

Hope it works this time although I am not sanguine. Watch this space.

Comment

Moved back into my house yesterday. Still reeks of the exterminator stuff but I opened all the windows (in 90 degree heat) and it's better now. Had to vacuum up hundreds of dead bugs and wipe all the surfaces off. Hopefully it will be all good now. Going shopping after work, replace all the groceries I had to toss. We'll see.

Comment

I suppose it's a good sign that you had to vacuum hundreds of dead bugs. That means that it worked, and it was necessary.

Comment

Hope so SB. So many dead bugs they filled half a vacuum bag. Had to clean the vacuum afterwards. It was bad.

Comment

Working...
                                          X