X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ad hoc speaks for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
      Everyone out. Fucking brilliant. This story has had me on the edge for a week now. Absolutely incredible effort from everyone involved. Immense bravery and incredible discipline. I am in awe of all those who worked on this.

And I'm going to stick up for the coach too. We don't know the full story yet, and there is a lot of talk about him being responsible here for taking the boys into the cave in the first place (and it's clear he feels incredibly guilty, and wrote a deeply apologetic letter to the parents). But he got them to safety, all that way in the mountain, and he kept their spirits up, somehow, in the pitch black amongst all their intense hunger and presumably fear. He taught them to meditate apparently. It's an absolutely incredible story, and I'm so happy and relieved that they're all out safely
      Quite.

Well said that man.

Comment

Great news indeed.

Not sure they're going to be well enough to accept FIFA's generous offer of World Cup final tickets, however...

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
          Great news indeed.

Not sure they're going to be well enough to accept FIFA's generous offer of World Cup final tickets, however...
          The hospital has already said they're keeping them in for a week so that's out the window. But they're already getting offers from various club sides to come and watch a game with them

Comment

Great news to wake up to. Like others, I had feared the worst, and the more you learn about the operation, the more reasonable those fears seem. Also, science gets its 15 minutes again, like the Chile miners. Won't last, useless celebs will return shortly.

Anyway, now we can use up all those bad taste gags we've been respectfully sitting on, like the boy in the England shirt learning to dive, etc.

Comment

Duran Duran’s Wild Boys works for both “Thai Boys” and “Wild Boars”, I should knows as I have an earworm version with both.

There are a few eejits claiming this is a false flag / fake news thing, but not as many as usual.

Comment

Of course, there'll be a movie.

Comment

Based on a true story: the Little League team and coach who were trapped in Kentucky. Starring a kid from Fresh Off The Boat, because Chinese is close enough.

Comment

Haha.

And a love interest, or maybe a chaste love triangle involving the coach, a diver, and one of the moms.

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
                      Based on a true story: the Little League team and coach who were trapped in Kentucky. Starring a kid from Fresh Off The Boat, because Chinese is close enough.
                      I recall there was an NBC "movie of the week" with Gary Coleman as a Cub Scout who led his Den out of a cave. I shit you not.

Comment

Carrying On Caving is a neglected classic.

Comment

This is a good long read on some of the things that had to be done to get them out https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/12/w...?smid=tw-share

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post
                            Carrying On Caving
                            The Brexit Story

Comment

I thought this whole thing was an allegory, like Plato's Cave.

Comment

He’s Just. Awful.

Comment

If NASA got decent funding maybe parasite Barnum cunts wouldn’t exist.

Comment

I am a fan of what Musk has done to at least nudge the car industry towards some sort of vague commitment to electric power, but I have never been a fan of the man.

He's into "resign or we fire you" territory, or at least he would be if Tesla was a "normal" company.

At least that arsehole Papa John Schnatter walked after using the n-word in a meeting, never mind sticking it out there for the world to see.

Comment

Comment

Musk really is a thundering cockend. I hope the guy he defamed sues the bejesus out of him.

Comment

Strange double-post.
                                          Last edited by Jah Womble; 17-07-2018, 08:55.

Comment

Calling the diver 'p(a)edo-guy'?

Aside from the obvious defamation issues here, how old is Musk - twelve?

Comment

Musk has decided to pick a fight with everyone online, possibly to distract from the fact Tesla is going to go up in smoke sooner rather than later.

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post
                                                Carrying On Caving is a neglected classic.
                                                Carry on Shaving, a history of bikini lines

Comment

He's gone off the rails since Deputy Dawg finished

https://goo.gl/images/aEL7gb

Comment

Originally posted by Flynnie View Post
                                                    Musk has decided to pick a fight with everyone online, possibly to distract from the fact Tesla is going to go up in smoke sooner rather than later.
                                                    No, it's not. It's pumping out shitloads of cars for a company that only started making them in any vaguely serious volumes about a decade ago, making a profit on every one it sells. However, the balance sheet is shit because it's also burned a shit ton of cash to get there.

It's just a weird company, if a Tesla employee farts it's huge news, they are subject to a spotlight like no other car maker, probably because of the way vested interests have been poked - witness the absolute torrent of horseshit pumped out by the Koch brothers' guns for hire, using the same playbook as climate change denial.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X