No announcement yet.

Missing boys in Thai caves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent report suggest that the Australian doctor/caver who went in decided the order on the basis of weakest first

Comment

4 out, operation paused. Apparently because everyone needs a break and they've got to set themselves up again for the next phase.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
        4 out, operation paused. Apparently because everyone needs a break and they've got to set themselves up again for the next phase.
        That is fantastic news.

Comment

As ad hoc says four out. Should be going back for more any minute. God I hope this ends well!

Comment

I know the media beast demands to be fed, but do we really need press conferences and half-baked contradictory commentary while the operation is going on? The numbers rescued keep fluctuating in various reports, please just STFU until they're all out.

Comment

Given that it looks likely that this operation will take 3 days, I think the daily evening press conference is going to be vital. The problem is with the media fuelling rumours.

Comment

Christ I've just seen a video of some of yesterday's work. The boy strapped to a stretcher being brought out through tiny tunnels completely under water. Really hope that the reports that the weakest came out first are true.

Comment

A fifth one has just come out too. 7 more boys and the coach to go.

Comment

Could be tricky if they don't deflate the tyres first.

Comment

Snake, you're naughty

Comment

CNN saying that 8 are out.

Comment

Yay!

Comment

Say they arer bringing the strongest out first. Easier and good for morale. A sort of reserve triage. I'm getting more hopeful.

Comment

11 out now. One more child and the coach, as well as all the others who have been out at the place where they were found (it is thought three Thai navy seals and the Australian doctor)

Comment

All out now,next time after training bring them to mc donalds like everyone else

Comment

Great news - just get the divers and doc out before the rain.

Comment

Quite incredible!

Comment

I have to admit I was pessimistic about the outcome of this. But thank God I was proved wrong. The kids, and coach, will probably have emotional problems for years to come but they are out and alive.

A big wahey to the brave men and women who brought them out.

Oh, and next time, go for a f...... pizza after training.

Comment

Originally posted by adams house cat View Post
                                        A big wahey to the brave men and women who brought them out.
                                        Seconded, but a big appreciative RIP for the diver who died.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                          Seconded, but a big appreciative RIP for the diver who died.
                                          Seconded.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                            Great news - just get the divers and doc out before the rain.
                                            On their (staged) way out, apparently.

Comment

All out!

(How long before a senior policeman, a Tory MP, or the Sun newspaper claim "they were drunk"?)

Comment

Everyone out. Fucking brilliant. This story has had me on the edge for a week now. Absolutely incredible effort from everyone involved. Immense bravery and incredible discipline. I am in awe of all those who worked on this.

And I'm going to stick up for the coach too. We don't know the full story yet, and there is a lot of talk about him being responsible here for taking the boys into the cave in the first place (and it's clear he feels incredibly guilty, and wrote a deeply apologetic letter to the parents). But he got them to safety, all that way in the mountain, and he kept their spirits up, somehow, in the pitch black amongst all their intense hunger and presumably fear. He taught them to meditate apparently. It's an absolutely incredible story, and I'm so happy and relieved that they're all out safely

Comment

Very well said

Comment

Suzanne Moore speaks for me https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...e-boys-bravery

Comment

Working...
                                                    X