No announcement yet.

Sons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Middlesbrough keeper and serial loanee Connor Ripley is son of winger Stuart. It pleases me when sons of keepers are outfield players and vice versa. I can only think of the Clemences off the top of my head though

Comment

Originally posted by Tapiocahead View Post
      Middlesbrough keeper and serial loanee Connor Ripley is son of winger Stuart. It pleases me when sons of keepers are outfield players and vice versa. I can only think of the Clemences off the top of my head though
      It's already been mentioned in this thread that Luca Zidane is a keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
        It's already been mentioned in this thread that Luca Zidane is a keeper.
        Bobby and Jonathon Gould

Comment

Carles and Sergio Busquets

Comment

Dammit

Comment

Anyway. . Jazzie B's son plays for Millwall

Comment

Josh Windass doesn't seem to be quite as handy in front of goal as his dad. Some might say nearly as obnoxious though.

Comment

Colin Rosler (named after Colin Bell) is in the City academy.

As is Tommy Doyle, grandson of both Mike Doyle and Glyn Pardoe if you want to go second generation.

Think I saw that Paul Moulden’s son is on the books too - and another Wright-Phillips.

Comment

On goalkeepers, there's Pepe Reina who is the son of Miguel Reina who played for Barcelona and Atleti.
                    Oh and outfield, Xabi Alonso, son of Miguel Ángel Alonso who played for Spain in the 1982 world cup as well as Barcelona and Real Sociadad.

Comment

Looks likely that Christian Dibble will be our first choice keeper this season. Yes, Andy is his dad.

Comment

A Christian Dibble yesterday

Comment

Birkir Bjarnasson's father Bjarni Sveinbjornsson made one substitute appearance for Iceland, his son has represented them at the European Championships and the World Cup- does this count?

Comment

Alan and Michael Oakes

Comment

Originally posted by 1974ddr View Post
                              Birkir Bjarnasson's father Bjarni Sveinbjornsson made one substitute appearance for Iceland, his son has represented them at the European Championships and the World Cup- does this count?
                              Of course - his dad must have been a decent player otherwise he wouldn't have been called up in the first place.

Comment

If the Clemences came to mind with father/son keeper/outfielders, then so too should the Shiltons, Sam playing with little distinction in midfield for Coventry, Hartlepool and Kidderminster before drifting around non league.

Comment

Manuel Sanchís Martínez (part of Real Madrid's "Yé-yé" team of the mid-60s, went to the 1966 World Cup with Spain) and Manuel "Manolo" Sanchís Hontiyuelo (won 2 Champions Leagues with Real in 1998 and 2000 but left before they became the wanky Galácticos we know and hate, was at Italia 90 with Spain).

Both no-nonsense centre-halves though, no goalkeepers involved here.

Comment

Oxford United' centre back Cyril Beavon's son Stuart played for Reading. Stuart's son Stuart junior is on loan at Wrexham from Coventry.

Comment

18 year old striker Erling Håland, son of Alf-Inge, is to join Salzburg Franchise from Molde in January, despite alleged interest from Leeds, where he was born, and who he supposedly supports.

My personal link to this story is that Håland sent his older kid(s) to the same prep school in Leeds as my boss.

Comment

It was a cracking free kick yesterday. And historic too

https://twitter.com/StandUpForBarry/...144606722?s=19

https://twitter.com/StandUpForBarry/status/1031251905144606722?s=19

Comment

Jürgen Klinsmann's son's a goalkeeper, as is Ulf Kirsten's.

Comment

Have we covered this?;

Gianluigi Buffon faces Marcus Thuram, son of former team-mate Lilian Thuram

I must admit that Buffon’s move to PSG completely passed me by,

Comment

As the BBC piece notes, in the same match, Buffon played with Timothy Weah, whose father turned out for Milan against Parma in Buffon's Serie A debut 23 years ago

Comment

Jose Mourinho gave his son a job so he'd speak to him.

Comment

Wimbledon had a defender called Rod McDonald sent off last night.

Checked wikipedia and sure enough, he's actually Rod McDonald Junior, Rod McDonald Senior having gained some undeserved notoriety in the mid-90s for being sent off at Firhill against Rangers for the heinous crime of crossing himself when he left the pitch at half-time; Scouse catholics apparently being expected to be aware of all the minutiae concerning 20th century sectarianism in Scottish football.

Junior:

Senior:

Comment

Bloody hell. I remember him (senior) playing for Colne Dynamoes!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X