No announcement yet.

Hollerbach's Knackwurst - Bundesliga 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the hell happened to Hamburg today?

Comment

5-0 home defeat against mighty Jahn Regensburg. For whom it was the first away win in five months. According to match reports, the result was a more than fair reflection of the game.

Meanwhile, after beating Köln 5-3 last week, Paderborn again had an eight-goal match, a 4-4 against Magdeburg.

Comment

Well that's cheered me up; HSV were starting to look like a competent outfit.

Anyway the biggest game of the season is on Wednesday—Unterhaching vs 1860.

Comment

Well, HSV are still second. Strange how their two losses have both been at home, and by the not inconsiderable scorelines of 0-3 and 0-5.

Comment

Dortmund pull out a late draw against Hoffenheim, but each match is a reminder that the lack of a striker is not going to work. I don't know why Valencia was able to get Batshuayi on loan from Chelsea and Dortmund couldn't continue that loan, but Dortmund knew early enough that another plan should have been made.

Comment

Borussia mönchengladbach 1-3 Eintracht

I went to watch the above game last night after buying a ticket from a tout for €5. I ended up on a terrace in the a corner of the stadium with the Eintracht ultras who didn't like it when I tried to take photos on my camera. But they were a friendly lot and once I explained I was English attending my first ever Bundesliga game they were very welcoming.

The atmosphere was really good and I found the match quite entertaining. It feels as it German football hasn't lost touch with its grass roots. The behaviour of fans was different to England with supporters getting there much earlier for the game and prices for beer and food quite reasonable in the stadium.

An enjoyable game and I hope to see more German football in the future.

Comment

Haching 1:1 1860

Das Derby des Jahres!

Something of a shock to see the Sportpark full to capacity. I'm not if Unterhaching weren't wrongfooted by 7,000 people shouting at them from the north stand. At least Sechzig's more idiot fringe weren't noticeable.

A lof of huff and puff in the first half. Sechzig were pumped up in the second and went one-nil up. Haching miss a penalty and the rebound, then—somewhat fortuitously—manage a last-minute equalizer in the 91st minute.

Comment

The odds aren't too fanciful that the bottom-three places this season could be occupied by sides playing in black and red (at least traditionally). Hannover is 16th, Frankfurt* 15th, and Nürnberg 14th. Plus Freiburg might be 10th, but they are always in danger of getting into a relegation battle.

* Playing in all-black this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul S View Post
                    Borussia mönchengladbach 1-3 Eintracht

I went to watch the above game last night after buying a ticket from a tout for €5. I ended up on a terrace in the a corner of the stadium with the Eintracht ultras who didn't like it when I tried to take photos on my camera. But they were a friendly lot and once I explained I was English attending my first ever Bundesliga game they were very welcoming.

The atmosphere was really good and I found the match quite entertaining. It feels as it German football hasn't lost touch with its grass roots. The behaviour of fans was different to England with supporters getting there much earlier for the game and prices for beer and food quite reasonable in the stadium.

An enjoyable game and I hope to see more German football in the future.
                    I know you were in the Frankfurt end...and the beer was cheap...but Gladbach WON 3-1!

Comment

Bayern are in Berlin with their Lederhosen round their ankles, getting a good spanking by Hertha BSC. In Kovac's hometown. After Bayern's homedraw against Augsburg in mid-week, they suddenly seem a bit vulnerable. May it stay that way.

Comment

That was an impressive performance by Hertha, especially the the second half. Exceptionally well officiated too. I especially enjoyed Ribery's futile attempts to win free kicks by falling over near the corner flag.

Comment

Good to see Ibisevic getting (yet) another goal. I like a bit of Vedad.

Not as much, however, as my god-daughter's father, who absolutely adores him. They spotted him in Berlin a while back and, shrinking violet that she is, she went up to him and said, "My dad says you're not as good as Edin Dzeko, but miles better than Sergej Barbarez."

My mate reckons the look Vedad gave him was the most frightening thing that had happened to him since Graciano Rocchigiani called him a cunt in a pub about a decade ago.

Comment

It's quite amusing that the general consensus around BVB pre-season was that they had a lot of midfield talent but no goalscorers. They have now scored 11 goals in their last two games.

Comment

Hamburg 0 St Pauli 0. 57,000 there to see it. Which got me thinking (thread drift alert): what's the highest ever season average attendance for a club in the second division?

Comment

I would expect it to be the promotion season for a "big" club (with a big ground) that was relegated for a short period.

For example, 1. FC Köln averaged 46,235 in the 2013-14 2. Bundesliga, which they won, and Newcastle United averaged 51,106 in the 2016-17 Championship when they also finished top of the table.

There probably needs to be some kind of time cutoff as well, given recent reductions in ground capacities.

Comment

In their first game back in the 2. Bundesliga a few years ago, Stuttgart had 60,000 against St Pauli, and the same in their final game against Würzburg. Hertha drew 63,300 for their final 2. Bundesliga game against Energie Cottbus in 2023

I'm not sure there are many clubs with bigger stadiums playing in the 2. Bundesliga in a time of regular big crowds. Schalke's Parkstadion was huge, but much of the time, it was half-full at best. However, their last game in the 2. Bundesliga, in 1991, against Darmstadt was full house with 70,000.

Comment

Gladbach 2-0 up away to Bayern with less than 20 minutes gone

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                      Gladbach 2-0 up away to Bayern with less than 20 minutes gone
                                      Heh heh!

Dortmund, if memory serves, have come back to win from two goals down for the second time in succession. Jadon Sancho has to be the buy of the season.

Comment

25 minutes to go with the score unchanged.

Comment

3-0

Gladbach go second, Bayern fall to fifth.

Comment

if Leipzig win tomorrow, they'll be sixth.

Comment

How long will Kovac last? Good news for Hoenigge: José Mourinho might be in the market soon.

Comment

Dortmund win on the last kick of the match. I have no idea how the referee came up with another minute of injury time, but it paid off. This match was certainly not a model for how to defend.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                                  if Leipzig win tomorrow, they'll be sixth.
                                                  Which they are going to do.

Comment

And how. 6-0 against Nürnberg. Who lost their previous away game 7-0 in Dortmund. And yet are still 12th with a goal difference of -9.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X