No announcement yet.

Hollerbach's Knackwurst - Bundesliga 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have biometric sensors embedded in the fabric that collect data used for analytics.

Here’s a piece on them.

Comment

Aha.

I could only think of …

Comment

So you had nowt?

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
          There aren’t any Monday matches in September, and I’m not sure when (or if) they will start. Monday night matches are, however, a regular feature in the 2. Bundesliga, which may be why G-Man is focused on them.
          As it happens, Köln are playing tonight against Union Berlin, so, yeah, fucking Mondays. But my focus in this discussion was on last season, when there were five Monday night Bundesliga games. And that'll be the case until 2021.

Comment

That's true, though there doesn't seem to be definitive information about when they will start to appear.

The number of Sunday matches is also supposed to go up to three in the spring.

One of the Frankfurt papers had a piece today that the various subscriptions necessary to see all of Eintracht's matches would set you back 620 Euro, which is rather insane.

Comment

1. FC Köln v 1. FC Union Berlin on BT Sport here in Blighty.

Union have a player rejoicing in the name of Kenny Prince Redondo. I think I'm going to have to get a shirt with that printed on the back.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                Union have a player rejoicing in the name of Kenny Prince Redondo. I think I'm going to have to get a shirt with that printed on the back.
                He played for us for a bit. Great name, but he didn't score many goals. Surprised he's playing in the 2. Bundesliga.

Comment

He also missed Union's best chance of the half (before they gifted Köln a goal).

Köln's new Austrian, Schaub, has looked quite dangerous.

Comment

I've no idea if Prince is his real name or an affectation (see also the footballer formerly known as Kevin Boateng).

Comment

Defending champions Eintracht Frankfurt were bundled out of the DFB Pokal today by mighty Ulm, currently in the Regionalliga South-West (fourth tier). After they lost so many players and their coach, I expected Frankfurt to really struggle this season. Now it looks like they might pull a Köln.

Comment

I'm watching the Sportschau highlight show now. Some of these grounds are rustic.

Comment

11-1 win for Gladbach, 3 hat trickers. Köln’s 9 at Dynamo Berlin probably more impressive/competitive

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
                            Defending champions Eintracht Frankfurt were bundled out of the DFB Pokal today by mighty Ulm, currently in the Regionalliga South-West (fourth tier). After they lost so many players and their coach, I expected Frankfurt to really struggle this season. Now it looks like they might pull a Köln.
                            Looks like Ulm adminstered a beating there.

No? No one? Oh, suit yourselves.

Comment

Didn't Dom-inate?

Comment

Eintracht's quick demise is predictable in the modern game. A second-rate team enjoys unexpected success through a cannily assembled squad, and the core of that squad is immediately poached by the usual suspects - Wolf (Dortmund), Hradecky (Leverkusen), Mascarell (Schalke), with Prince-Boateng opting for family life by returning to Italy. Not to mention coach Kovac, filched by the abominable Bayern. There was, however, way too much parading of the damned Cup around the city all summer long and not enough "after the game is before the game".

The mauling by Bayern in the Pseudo-Cup was a horror show, while the defeat in Ulm was deserved, despite having a perfectly good Jovic goal disallowed for offside. I bet Rebic wished he hadn't stayed after all. My youngest daughter's best mate is working in the hotel where new coach Adi H is staying, and after the Bayern defeat, she witnessed him in the lobby randomly yelling to the midnight air. He thought no one else was there.

Have managed one game so far - an FSV Frankfurt away trip to TSV Steinbach-Haiger, just for the hell of it one Tuesday night. And to think I could have spent that night painting my toenails.
                                Last edited by imp; 26-08-2018, 12:55.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
                                  Equal top with Bayern, G-Man. What do you say to that, huh? Didn't you predict us to go down the last two seasons as well? Stick to forecasting the Zweite Liga, old boy. I'm sure we'll still be up there challenging for the shield after the next 33 games.

Comment

A big match scheduled for this weekend in the 2. Liga has been postponed: the Interior Ministry in Saxony has publicly stated that they don't have the resources available to cover Dresden-HSV, as well as dealing with all the problems and demonstrations going on in Chemnitz.

Comment

The after-effects of the events in Chemnitz are still very much in the headlines across Germany but the football world has moved on... to cornflakes.

The background: before the international break, Kaiserslautern conceded a very late and hotly-disputed penalty in Zwickau, which the home team converted to rescue a point. The Lautern defender Jan Löhmannsröben (in common with everyone else connected with the club) was not a happy bunny after the match and suggested that the ref had missed the elbow on him that led to him stumbling and handballing in the penalty incident. He expressed astonishment that the ref had missed it and said "If that's a ref, then I don't know mate, he should go and count cornflakes or something." ("Wenn das ein Schiri ist, weiß ich nicht, Digga, dann soll der Cornflakes zählen gehen": not entirely sure how to translate Digga, it's a popular German yoof/hip-hop term that seems to have developed from 'Dicker' in Hamburg dialect - if Wikipedia is to be believed - and could be translated by mate, dude, bruh, something like that).

The DFB are considering whether to take action against Löhmannsröben for these oh-so-inflammatory and unconscionable comments - so Kaiserslautern fans have sent hundreds of packets of cornflakes to the FA headquarters in protest. And the DFB are donating them to food banks, which is a surprisingly sensible reaction. Löhmannsröben has apologised but it all seems to be a storm in a cornflakes bowl and a lot of fuss about nothing, after a daft and mildly amusing post-match comment.

Comment

My U16 players use 'Digga' a lot in our WhatsApp group (though not to address me, I should add). Had always assumed it's the equivalent of 'dude', but never for once thought about what its origin might be.

11 Freunde reported today that a group of English fans over for the Eintracht-Bremen game put 'Waldstadion' into their SatNav and ended up in Alfter, near Bonn, where they watched a regional league game instead. You have to ask why not a single one of them queried why they were travelling in the opposite direction to Frankfurt, though it would obviously be judgmental to label them a bunch of total fuckwits.

Comment

Re Digga. Maybe it's an Australian influence...

Comment

I'll be in Germany in December. It's primarily a hockey trip (Adler Mannheim) but I'll be going to a game on the Saturday. Last year I went to Frankfurt v Schalke between my 2 hockey games. Frankfurt being in the Europa means I won't get to see them this December. Luckily Stuttgart are at home to Hertha on the Saturday I'm in Germany.

Will definitely be getting to that game - so long as the Bundesliga TV schedule doesn't change that game for telly.

Comment

Originally posted by BallochSonsFan View Post
                                              Last year I went to Frankfurt v Schalke between my 2 hockey games.
                                              I was at that. 2-1 on 90 minutes, four minutes of injury time. I started the stopwatch on my phone. Schalke equalised 3 minutes and 45 seconds in. Deservedly, as it happened, but that didn't make it feel any better.

Comment

I didnt really have a horse in the race Imp. Was within the centre circle on the top tier so although it was mixed, it was more home fans than away. A fair few tourists in that area.

It was a good game. Schalke definitely deserved to tie it.

Comment

Jaden Sancho starting to build quite a reputation at the Westfalenstadion, while Alcacer has just scored on his debut.

Comment

Bayern have just taken an early lead. What do you think will happen first: Bayern not winning the Bundesliga, PSG not bossing it in France, Celtic not winning in Scotland, or Juve not mopping up the Scudetto?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X