Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very much so

Comment

One rather feels that Russia just don't have the quality to do anything here.

Comment

Is a fourth sub allowed in extra time in this tournament?

Comment

There are some games (like both of yesterday's) where you're willing the game to go to extra time. This is not one of them.

Comment

Strange that Spain scored three in the first game but have been toothless with the final ball since then. Nothing from Costa.

Perhaps the loss of the coach has kicked in after the false dawn of the first game?

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
              There are some games (like both of yesterday's) where you're willing the game to go to extra time. This is not one of them.
              Wake me up when the pens start.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                Strange that Spain scored three in the first game but have been toothless with the final ball since then. Nothing from Costa.

Perhaps the loss of the coach has kicked in after the false dawn of the first game?
                They've probably also been instructed to slow the game down and control possession better after conceding on the counter in the Portugal game and the decider with Morocco.

Comment

Worst game of the tournament apart from France v Denmark?

Comment

If Germany can go out against South Korea, Spain can go out here.

Comment

Glad I'm watching this on my laptop while doing a spot of gardening, I'd hate to be wasting my time on this sort of fucking snorefest.

Comment

Originally posted by Бога Нет View Post
                        Worst game of the tournament apart from France v Denmark?
                        Hmm, not sure - Uruguay vs Egypt was probably worse.

Comment

10 Side pass
                          20 Side pass
                          30 Back pass
                          40 Aspas
                          50 Goto 10

Comment

Originally posted by Бога Нет View Post
                            Is a fourth sub allowed in extra time in this tournament?
                            Seems that the answer is yes (unless the multiple refs responsible for this game accidentally allowed Russia to make that substitution

Comment

My god, this is rancid. why have busquets and koke swapped positions? is it because Busquets can't move? I bet it's because he can't move. largely becanse he's not moving. I've only ever seen a performance like his once, and it involved Yakubu, making a 20 minute substitute appearance against Ghana at Griffin Park. Nigeria were 4-1 down at the time, and I can't remember if he even took off his tracksuit bottoms. It was a cold night after all.

The upshot of it is that spain are playing with six players across the halfway line and passing it forward and back. Koke is playing where he is to enable the full backs to play as wingers, but this is utterly pointless if you aren't consistently getting three or four players into the box. And as I type Spain make a fourth substitution, but Busquets stays in the Xavi role. He must have hierro's kids locked in a basement or something.

Comment

I cannot recall ever seeing 4th subs in a competitive match before. In theory it favours deeper squads. May produce more goals or maybe not.

Comment

Spain were deathly dull to watch when they were winning stuff.

Out on pens I reckon.

Comment

This is like Italy- England in Euro 12 where one team spent 105 mins playing for pens

Comment

Rodrigo playing in a very un-Spanish way there

Comment

The game is good news for the other teams in this half.

Comment

Even Iniesta has looked a bit lost in this performance.

Comment

Phew.

Comment

Ramos is holding as well, cunt

Comment

Thought Spain would get a VAR penalty there

Comment

I want Spain to win but Ramos to lose.

Comment

No penalty? Looked nailed-on to me.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X