No announcement yet.

The others have all forgotten that it's Lawn Tennis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, it's on ESPN2, the adjacent channel (which I haven't used since we got this new set-up).

Comment

However, I really like both Nadal and delPotro, so wire in.

Comment

Federer was just down 0-30 on serve, but won four straight points to hold. Score is 4-3. No bps for either player yet in the final set.

Comment

Anderson saves the first bp of the match at 3-4, and holds. Federer is 3/12 on bps in the match to 3/6 for Anderson. Could be a key difference.

Comment

Rapid hold for Federer takes him to 5-4, and from now on Anderson is either serving to stay in the match, or if he can break Federer serving for it.

Comment

At one set all and two games all in the third Djokovic was 0-40 down, he came back to win the set. There were moments when he looked like the old Djokovic and it was great to watch.

Comment

0-30 on Anderson's serve...

Comment

Holds. 6-6.

Comment

7-7, this time recovering from 15-30

Comment

They went split-screen about 10 games ago, but fair play to you.

Comment

Bollocks.

Comment

8-7. Federer is threatening Anderson's serve in set five more than vice versa (I think Anderson has got to 30 once to date, Federer has had a bp and also been to deuce), but that isn't always a good indicator for who will win a knife-edge match like this.

Comment

Anderson breaks!

Comment

And he serves it out. 13-11 to the South African.

Comment

Crowd reaction - muted

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                                  Crowd reaction - muted
                                  Ha ha. I love watching Federer but he doesn't half have a one-eyed set of fans.

Comment

Personally I'm disappointed for my Dad. He has tickets for Centre Court on Friday, for the first time in his life. It was looking like he might get to see three of the big four play. How he will probably just have to make do with Nadal-Djokovic in a virtual final. #hardship

Comment

Two-and-a-half hours in and Delpo and Rafa are all tied up at one set all, 3-3. That is potentially only half way through! It could make Federer-Anderson's match, which was a shade over four hours, look brief!

Comment

Nadal, serving at 4-5 in the third set is broken to love to lose it 4-6. Then on the first point of set four he shanks a very makeable second serve return into the tramlines and reacts by staring at his box and shouting at himself/them in a stream of frustrated Spanish. Andy Murray, who is part of the BBC commentary team for the match, reacts "It's rare to see Rafa looking at his box like that". Hyopcrit!
                                        They do have the right commentary team in place, Murray, Andrew Cotter (Scottish) and Tim Henman (distracted).

Comment

Nadal levels, so another is going the distance. There was a potentially big service hold from Delpo at 3-5, as he saved two set points. Yes Nadal got through his next service game easily (to 15) so it didn't come close to saving the set, but that hold does mean Juan will serve first in the decider.

Rafa will still be the strong favourite, though - Delpo looks tired, which may be due to him playing a five-setter over two days (finishing yesterday) against Simon in R4, whereas Nadal looks buzzing with energy or at least is attempting to portray that of himself.
                                          Last edited by Janik; 11-07-2018, 18:42.

Comment

Break for Nadal. It's good stuff this, for me and the three others watching...

Comment

I'm following both it and the football at the moment. I want the winner of Nadal - Delpo to win the whole shebang now, although will the winner have enough in the tank for Djokovic after this?

Comment

After around 50 minutes of what Andy Murray just described as "The greatest set of Tennis that I've ever seen live" (the last word being a bit of a caveat added after a slight pause), Nadal is going to serve for it at 5-4. Delpo has had five break points spread over the last two Nadal services games, including one where he shanked a probable winner. Here we go...

Comment

Nadal serves it out to 30, the last point finishing with Delpo on his face as he slipped over, which was also a theme of the fourth and fifth sets. That was extraordinary, nearly five hours of pure gladiatorial combat.

Right, what is going on elsewhere in the world?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimski View Post
                                                    I'm following both it and the football at the moment. I want the winner of Nadal - Delpo to win the whole shebang now, although will the winner have enough in the tank for Djokovic after this?
                                                    Nadal showed no signs of fatigue in the fifth. Tension, yes, but not fatigue. He has demonstrated before that two days is long enough for him to recover from a four-and-three-quarter hour match, epseically if he was essentially fresh at the start as was the case here. I think he'll be fine, and my old man may have something extraordinary to watch. And I don't mean Anderson vs Isner there!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X