Russia v Portugal
    France v Nigeria
    Brazil v Germany
    England v Senegal
    Spain v Uruguay
    Croatia v Denmark
    Mexico v Switzerland
    Japan v Belgium

Based on tonight's performance, Colombia may well eliminate Senegal, which would be a shame. No surprise to see a top-heavy draw, and a potential Spain v Belgium semi-final in the lower half.

I've not seen Senegal play yet but I can't see them being a harder opponent for England than Colombia

Comment

In a pure footballing sense, Colombia and Senegal are the two more entertaining teams from Group H, but Japan look likely to go through given those two play each other next. From a purely English sense, finishing second in the group looks like a good idea.

Comment

In the FIFA alphabet, H comes before G. So England and Belgium will know before they play what 1st and 2nd are worth.

Comment

Ah, you're right, I hadn't noticed that.

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
            In the FIFA alphabet, H comes before G. So England and Belgium will know before they play what 1st and 2nd are worth.
            How to throw a game without looking like you're throwing it? A keeper "fumble" at some point? "Forget" to mark the strikers at a corner?

Or does the need to keep the national mood happy override the temptation to throw it?

Germany were widely believed to have thrown the Denmark game in 1986 in similar circumstances.

Comment

Working...
            X