CalPol, er ColPol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
    Crikey Moses - I hope we don't get these in the next round...
    Plausible: England v Belgium draw, wins for Japan and Colombia in the last games.

Comment

Good save. But Poland don't even deserve a consolation

Comment

Ursus- Poland being poor this week doesnt mean Denmark and co were Panama like in qualifying. Teams can decline- or improve- a lot over 12 or 18 months

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
          Plausible: England v Belgium draw, wins for Japan and Colombia in the last games.
          So if England and Belgium are 0-0 with five minutes left and Japan have won their group, just send on Phil Jones to do a flying headbutt on Eden Hazard and get second place on fair play points.

Comment

But, apparently Ospina is crap. Arsenal crap., so it shouldn't matter.

I can't watch the game, but I'm listening. And I have Cassoulet with proper mustard to compensate.

Lewandowski 0 Harry Kane 5. Be a bit worried, Spurs fans. Benzema's getting on a bit.

Comment

That's it. I think that was more one sided than England v Panama

Comment

I'd be OK with Poland beating Japan so Senegal and Colombia both go through but it seems extremely unlikely.

Comment

Entertaining if one-sided second half. No idea how good Colombia are since their defence had the night off.

Hard to see how Poland will do anybody any favours in the last game, except Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
                    Lewandowski 0 Harry Kane 5. Be a bit worried, Spurs fans. Benzema's getting on a bit.
                    Yes but two were tap-ins, two were pens, one a lucky deflection and all against dubious opposition, so they probably don't count. Err, or something...

Comment

Colombia's campaign starting to look spookily like Portugal's from 2002. Slightly farcical shock defeat first up. Hump Poland second game, hey it's all working out. So that'll be them going out with nine men on the field to Senegal then.

Poland won their dead rubber third fixtures the last two world cups they were at, so Japan aren't home and hosed yet. Can see this good on paper team finally getting good on grass when it doesn't matter.

Comment

I also had a bet on Lewandowski as top scorer, I had visions of a hat-trick v Japan and goals in all the other games as Poland strode towards the semi-finals. And I shared this vision with work colleagues and friends.
                        Judging from my Whatsapp tonight, they have remembered my wise words, and that I'm Polish by marriage.
                        Lewa looked in slight decline towards the end of last season, but I kind of thought he'd be more up for his last shot of a decent World Cup, and that his colleagues would show up.
                        He'll probably score that hat-trick against Japan now.

Comment

I'll have whatever Higuita is having. He looks a lot fitter and younger now than 25 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                            Assist of the tournament
                            Only saw the highlights this morning, I presume James‘ pass reminded everyone else of Lloyd Williams’ similar one to set up Gareth Davies against England in 2015 :

Last edited by Ray de Galles; 25-06-2018, 09:56.

Comment

Working...
                            X