What's Not To Dislike? England v Panama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SouthdownRebel View Post
    Will you do the decent thing next time, VA?
    Christ SdR, I think hara-kiri is pushing thi—— oh, wait, I see. Yeah, I'll try to forget altogether when there's an important game on, until after the final whistle. How's that?

Comment

Haha, hadn't spotted Sean had made the same joke already.

Comment

Funny how annoyed Henderson was with all his teammates dossing in the 2nd half.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
          You know that if that goal pushes England down into second place and it turns out to matter the press will kill Southgate
          Whilst completing ignoring that Belgium also gave away a lacksadasical late goal against Tunisia, as well as missing a hatful of chances. Yes, that happened first and England theoretically knew the situation, but I'll bet you anything you like that those on the pitch were unaware and less certainly those on the bench had also not clocked the mathematics of it and were just thinking about the game in front of them.
          Last edited by Janik; 24-06-2018, 14:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
            Christ SdR, I think hara-kiri is pushing thi—— oh, wait, I see. Yeah, I'll try to forget altogether when there's an important game on, until after the final whistle. How's that?
            Hmm, well it's a compromise I suppose

Comment

You're a gent.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                our teams were actually pretty small, and all of our tournament finals goals were from open play
                Yep, Packie's assists were kicked out of his hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                  Strip poker
                  Seriously, could anything top Shaqiri on Friday night?

Comment

Ireland had the big target man, though, for knock downs and fouling the keeper.

Comment

only at italia 90. It was frank stapleton and john Aldridge in euro 88, and it was Tommy Coyne at USA 94.

Comment

We would have been much better at Italia 94 if Jack had let the team play football. We had a midfield of Roy Keane, Andy Townsend, John Sheridan, and Ray Houghton, and they spent most of the matches looking up in the air.

Comment

He also would have had to tell them to show up on the right continent

Comment

Good point. Maybe they were trying to lock the ball to Rome the whole time

Comment

Kick. Bloody hell android

Comment

But Ireland did play passing football at that tournament. There was no point in kicking the ball long to Tommy Coyne, and it was too hot to run. The aldridge goal against Mexico came at the end of a seven pass move. Same with Sheridan's shot against the bar against Italy.

Comment

John Sheridan's shot against the bar was possibly the best non-goal in Irish football history.

Comment

Mick McCarthy hitting the bar against england from 80 yards surely?

Comment

So now Southgate and Martinez have to tell half their superstars that the next game is only a League Cup tie, and that's why they're playing.

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
                                        So now Southgate and Martinez have to tell half their superstars that the next game is only a League Cup tie, and that's why they're playing.
                                        Phil Jones has probably been there already.

Comment

Whoever England play in the R16 is going to be a perfect opponent for a traditional England response. Japan, Colombia and Senegal are all absolutely capable of deeply embarrassing England's dodgy defence. And they're all teams that the non-football sections of the media and public with think that England have a divine right to beat. So I think there's a fair chance of a second round exit with the full National Wailing and Gnashing Of Teeth that we've got accustomed to.

Comment

INGERLAND INGERLAND INGERLAND INGERLAND INGERLAND INGERLAAAAND INGERLAND INGERLAND INGERLAND INGERLAN IN GER LAND.

Got proper sunburnt again at the cricket. Dunno what's up with me - as I kid I could go outside and tap dance on Mercury and I wouldn't get so much as sun kissed. These days I open the fridge door and I get third degree burns on my face. Didn't see any of the football but I was delighted to hear J Lingz (Golden Ball winner 2019) scored. All in all a great day for the 6 Lions on my chest, in my heart, and in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                              England against arguably the second worst team in the tournament. Drama unlikely apart from issuing of yellow and cards?
                                              Right off the bat, right on the first post...it may be all about that Panama goal.

8-2 vs 8-2.

All England needed was a tie for 1st.

edit - Saw it was recognized by Satchmo.

Now did you know that Jesse Lingard did the Hype Dance from the Fortnite game that every child in the world is dancing?!!!!
                                              Last edited by jason voorhees; 24-06-2018, 23:39.

Comment

Working...
                                              X