What's Not To Dislike? England v Panama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's Not To Dislike? England v Panama

England against arguably the second worst team in the tournament. Drama unlikely apart from issuing of yellow and cards?
    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 24-06-2018, 12:47.

Last edited by Sean of the Shed; 23-06-2018, 15:44. Reason: Title was edited.

Comment

Ooh, can we edit thread titles now?

Comment

Yes, thankfully.

Comment

Yes, hit "go advanced"

Comment

Ah good, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
              Yes, thankfully.
              My first choice was even worse: canal hammering. Sanity prevailed in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                My first choice was even worse: canal hammering. Sanity prevailed in the end.
                That's a great title.

Comment

It is.

Perhaps "Potential hat-trick?"

Comment

Torres Canal Hammering.

Comment

A man. A plan. A canal. Panama. (and Gareth Southgate.)

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                        That's a great title.
                        'Great' is a slight overstatement, perhaps.

Comment

I'm going to the cricket at Old Trafford. Double England. My chest is swelling with weird pride already.

Comment

Watching England whitewash Australia in cricket live while they hammer Panama on TV (in Manchester!) would be pretty high up any list of potential sporting hells for me.

Comment

Thankfully we're not in the Foster's Party Stand, so it's not all bad.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                                Thankfully we're not in the Foster's Party Stand, so it's not all bad.
                                It’s still cricket.

Comment

Rarely troubled a NI u-21/ u-41 seleccion in recent friendly. They are much weaker than Korea and C/ Rica

Comment

Actually watching the build up to this. I like the training tops that are reminiscent of the early 80s shirts I don't remember because we were living abroad and didn't have a TV

Comment

Glad they've stayed with Sterling for this one. Some of the media clearly want him dropped, and not all for footballing reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                                        I'm going to the cricket at Old Trafford. Double England. My chest is swelling with weird pride already.
                                        If the cricket team get a wriggle on, that match could be done by half-time of the Football. Australia seem like they would rather be in front telly...

Comment

@kitcrimes reckons this is the first time England have worn white shirts, blue shorts and white socks at the WC since the Portugal game in 2006.

Comment

I'm in a bar in Beijing filled with Aussies (the state of the origin n just this minute finished) and English people. They (the English ones) just sang the national anthem. I suddenly became less enthusiastic about England
                                            Last edited by ad hoc; 24-06-2018, 12:00.

Comment

Lingard got an elbow in the face there

Comment

why was that a free kick to panama? How is that not a penalty and a red card?

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                                  I'm in a bar in Beijing filled with Aussies (the state of the origin n just this minute finished) and English people. They (the English ones) just sang the national anthem. I suddenly became less enthusiastic about England
                                                  Of course other nations supporters never sing their national anthem, only England fans.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X