No announcement yet.

Münster Final? Germany vs Sweden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Sweden beats Mexico 1-0 and Germany beats Korea 1-0 then they all end on 6 points and 3 goals for and 2 against. It then comes down to their mutual matches between each other according to FIFA, so you essentially make a mini league table excluding the Korean results. In that case you get:

Germany 3 pts, F2 A2
    Sweden 3 pts, F2 A2
    Mexico 3 pts, F1 A1

That puts Mexico out.

I suppose you then would have to rank Germany ahead of Sweden based on their mutual result. Or do the fair play things?

If Durmaz hadn't given away that free kick Mexico would be through already. But I'll hear nothing bad said against Durmaz. He bankrupted Rangers.

Comment

Has anyone mentioned that it somehow ended up being a great game tonight?
      Last edited by Ray de Galles; 23-06-2018, 22:30.

Comment

I thought all three games were excellent viewing.

Easily the best day of the tournament so far.

Comment

So typical Kroos pulled that goal off. He was the one losing the ball causing all those Swedish chances. Every fu**ing time it was him being junk at the middle giving Sweden a chance, and then in typical German manners, he scores a scorcher.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
            I thought all three games were excellent viewing.

Easily the best day of the tournament so far.
            Yeah, agree with you both. All three games great and unexpectedly so. I don't mean that I didn't expect them to be great, more that they were great in unexpected manners.

Comment

Germany played far better second half than I would have expected after the first, but it must be the end for Mueller and Boateng, and it's inconceivable that this team could win it, surely?

On smugness, England winning in 1970 would have been smug. A win now would be seen as vindicating a culture transformed since then by privatization, the Falklands, laddism and Brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
                If Sweden beats Mexico 1-0 and Germany beats Korea 1-0 then they all end on 6 points and 3 goals for and 2 against. It then comes down to their mutual matches between each other according to FIFA, so you essentially make a mini league table excluding the Korean results. In that case you get:

Germany 3 pts, F2 A2
                Sweden 3 pts, F2 A2
                Mexico 3 pts, F1 A1

That puts Mexico out.

I suppose you then would have to rank Germany ahead of Sweden based on their mutual result. Or do the fair play things?
                Head-to-head preceded Fair Play.

What's interesting with the mini-table is that if Germany and Sweden win both 3-2 or 4-3, Germany would be out. The way I read it, Sweden go through regardless if they beat Mexico.

Comment

Racist abuse of Jimmy Durmaz

I would just like to say a few things regarding what happened after the game yesterday. I am a footballer at the highest level so I have to accept that I am criticised for what I do on the pitch. That’s part of the job – and I am always willing to accept that. But there are limits and that limit was passed yesterday.

“When someone threatens me, when they call me darkie, bloody Arab, terrorist, Taliban … then that limit has been passed. And what is even worse, when they go after my family and my children and threaten them … who the hell does that kind of thing?”

Durmaz, who plays for Toulouse, added: “I am Swedish and I am proud to represent the Swedish national team – it is the biggest thing you can do as a footballer. I will never let any racists destroy my pride. We all have to make a stand against racism.

Comment

Swedish press conference was a bit different today. All players and leaders were gathered, ending with Jimmy turning around asking "what to you say, boys?" and everybody at once "fuck racism!"

Comment

Germany has a Muslim player too, but it doesn't stop this scum behavior by so-called fans.

Comment

Durmaz is not Muslim. He always makes the sign of the cross when he enters a game or is sub'd.

Comment

Indeed. He is Syriac Orthodox; there are likely more members of his faith in Sweden than any other country outside the Middle East.

Comment

I wonder if there are any tensions there between immigrants from eastern Syria and the Kurds, who also are a large minority in Sweden, given that the latter have been ethnically cleansing Christian Syrians this decade. Kurdish militias have also actively participated in the Armenian and Assyrian genocide, taking over their land in eastern Turkey and further south in Syria and Iraq, working along the Young Turks' army.

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post

Germany 3 pts, F2 A2
                            Sweden 3 pts, F2 A2
                            Mexico 3 pts, F1 A1

That puts Mexico out.

If Durmaz hadn't given away that free kick Mexico would be through already. But I'll hear nothing bad said against Durmaz. He bankrupted Rangers.
                            I think the only scenario involving complex 3-way tiebreakers is if both MD3 games end up with the same score AND a 1 goal advantage for both Sweden and Germany (for example, Germany 2-1 Korea AND Sweden 2-1 Mexico). A two goal differential would disqualify the loser of Sweden-Mexico (provided Germany beats SK).

This 3-way round-robin tiebreaker system has been used in US college football for a long time.
                            Last edited by linus; 24-06-2018, 19:10.

Comment

German and Swedish fans played a game ahead of the real one. It ended 2-1 as well with a last minute goal which... well see for yourself
                              https://twitter.com/oliverpocher/sta...16300509581312

Comment

Revisionism - top trolling by Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro Paolo Virdis View Post
                                  So typical Kroos pulled that goal off. He was the one losing the ball causing all those Swedish chances. Every fu**ing time it was him being junk at the middle giving Sweden a chance, and then in typical German manners, he scores a scorcher.
                                  And it was his fuck up today on the first goal.

Comment

Working...
                                  X