No announcement yet.

The same place? South Korea v Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first thing of significance Chicharito has done in the last 12 months.

Comment

Best and worst fans in the world cup so far, Mexico.

Comment

Thought Mexico might have to walk it in again. Their thirty-yarders haven't come close to troubling opposition 'keepers thus far.

Comment

South Korea have been making shitty tackles all game.

Comment

Disastrous pass from Rafa

Comment

I think this is the best national cuisine matchup we’ve had so far

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                Disastrous pass from Rafa
                Ochoa should have maybe not played it to him in the first place either. Other than that he's been the best keeper in the tournament up until now.

Comment

So, as things stand, Mexico would only be eliminated if they lost 2-0 to Sweden, even if Germany win both their matches.

Comment

It is also yet another reason why that Los Angeles vs San Diego "debate" is a joke

Comment

SON of a bitch!

Comment

Bloody hell...

Comment

Wow.

Comment

Oh no

Comment

Classic Sonny finish.

Probably counts for zip, however.

Comment

But Son's goal suddenly reduces that to a current one-goal cushion.

Comment

Phew

Comment

If Germany win, South Korea still have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                                      I've never eaten Korean. What sort of stuff does it involve?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                          It is also yet another reason why that Los Angeles vs San Diego "debate" is a joke
                                          Oh, LA's Mexican food isn't *that* bad. etc... etc...

Fox's commentary team was an interesting change, using (I assume) regular Mexican commentators. It started off charming, but it turns out that massively biased commentary is annoying even when it's not done by the English.

Comment

As always, Telemundo is better

Comment

As I always say, I'd be watching Telemundo if I spoke Mexican. But I only speak American.

Comment

I never understand why people prefer awful commentary they comprehend to better commentary that they might struggle with for a while.

Comment

Fox going with Navarro and Trujillo was interesting. I thought Trujillo was very good, Navarro was a little too annoying with having to say the nicknames, then "aka [English translation]" every time. But I really liked that they basically ignored "Dr. Joe Machnik" for the entire game, they only asked him about the call for the penalty against Korea.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                                    I've never eaten Korean. What sort of stuff does it involve?
                                                    Korean BBQ (in ursus' photo) is the most popular and easily accessible meal. Grill your meat on a grill in your table, and you get lots of little side dishes (banchan) to complement it. The most famous side is kimchi, basically spicy fermented cabbage (think of it as Korean sauerkraut).

Comment

Working...
                                                    X