Who steps up? Nigeria v Iceland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who steps up? Nigeria v Iceland

Croatia's defeat of Argentina last night has opened up the chance for one of these sides potentially to qualify. I wonder if we'll see an open game or a cagey one? Iceland's Berginator, Jóhann Berg Guðmundsson of Burnley, is injured - Skúlason comes in - and Gylfi has apparently been passed fit.

Áfram Ísland!

As a proud son of La Plata, I think I need Nigeria to win, don't I?

Comment

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/6/21/1...fy-group-stage

A draw in this one still leaves Argentina with a reasonable chance.

Comment

Or draw (= Arg 1/Nig 1/Ice 2)

Edit: Like Kev said

Comment

Ah, what's the stress. By Facebook you'd think that the mighty Argentina were already on the way home. Barring some awful stitch ups by lesser footballing nations, I still foresee a stroll to the final for La Albiceleste.

Comment

I think the stress is because Argentina appear to be a bit shit.

Comment

As long as Sampaoli has a Bobby Robson-style revelation and starts listening to the players

Comment

I believe in the nation without Boko Haram.

Comment

No guarantee Argentina would beat Nigeria. Croatia are guaranteed topping the group if this is a draw so could rest most of the first team.

But also I would like Messi to get some time off. End the tension sooner not later.

Comment

OptaJoe cuts straight through two of our threads with a belter of a stat.

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/1010170320643387394
                    https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/1010170320643387394

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro Paolo Virdis View Post
                      I believe in the nation without Boko Haram.
                      This seems a bit harsh. I fully understand rooting against a team from a country with an appalling government, but doing so because they are fighting against some psychotic terrorists. Like hating Norway because Brevik

Comment

OK. I'm a convert to this Nigeria shirt. But the socks should be a different colour.

Comment

the Nigeria kit looks like a few of my son's AYSO shirts from 10-15 yrs ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                            This seems a bit harsh. I fully understand rooting against a team from a country with an appalling government, but doing so because they are fighting against some psychotic terrorists. Like hating Norway because Brevik
                            Or hating Croatia because Tudjman tried to whitewash Ustashe collaboration?

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                              I don't hate Nigeria. I love it. Not least for Jay Jay and TG and several other people including a good mate Milan fan in Gothenburg.
                              I don't have any feelings for Iceland.
                              I do think Iceland can clinch this. And that's about it.
                              Last edited by Pietro Paolo Virdis; 22-06-2018, 15:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
                                Or hating Croatia because Tudjman tried to whitewash Ustashe collaboration?
                                If you want to hate Croatia, that's about the best reason you can find.

Comment

'All we are saying, is give us a goal' that fair takes me back!

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro Paolo Virdis View Post
                                    If you want to hate Croatia, that's about the best reason you can find.
                                    Or the tablecloth?!

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
                                      Or the tablecloth?!
                                      If you hate the Croatian tablecloth but like these Nigerian M.C. Escherian-on-crack shirts, I think you need to to take a stern look in the mirror and ask yourself where you should waste your hate properly.

Comment

No, I don't like these at all. I'm blanco-celeste, puro y duro (sob)

Comment

Ah, for an Irishman, it's like an Italia '90 madeleine.

Comment

Nigeria's kit looks like something you'd win in one of these machines

Comment

Martin Keown has said "Argentinia" twice now on BBC1

Comment

Does Nigeria's kit count as a 'light' one? We've got two teams in their first colours.

Comment

Nigeria's coach is a cross between Al Jardine and Johnny the Shoe Shine Boy.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X