• Show
Clear All

Strade Bianche Redux

Comment

Froome punctures on the gravel.

Comment

What a pity.

Comment

This stage is just stunning viewing. I should have gone to bed.

Comment

Cavendish is showing on the live tracker as being at 16:42 from the front of the race. He's got Vermote for company, presumably to try and keep him on the race. They're last on the road.

Comment

He was 11.minutes back at the start of the climb

Comment

Barguil's season in a nutshell; says he wants to deliberately lose time so ends up attacking.

Comment

The superb Mexico change kit sighted at the side of the road there.

Comment

Heck of a day for Alaphilippe

Comment

He's looked strongest in the break all day.

Comment

That was an amusingly thin contribution from Poels considering he's been sitting up all week to save energy. Uran, Jungels, Mollema, Majka all dropped, Valverde hanging on.

Comment

ITV wondering when the yellow jersey last got in a break. Try the first mountain stage in 2016 (the day the flamme rouge collapsed on Adam Yates) when the leader was, erm, Greg van Avermaet.

Not really told us a great deal about who might win the race, eliminated a few of the more outside chances. Sky looked dispiritingly strong.

Superb win by Alaphilippe, meaning France has taken every stage since they won the World Cup.

Comment

Roglic into the top ten

Comment

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been rooting for van Vleuten since Rio. It's been consistently rewarding.

That ride today was amazing. I was watching the highlights having read that she'd won it, and thought there must have been some mistake.

Comment

Yeah, me too.

Cracking stat I picked up thanks to Toro retweeting it:
                                https://twitter.com/irishpeloton/sta...785955840?s=19
                                https://twitter.com/irishpeloton/status/1019306402785955840?s=19

Comment

Kelly also noted that GVA was the first maillot jaune to win the combativity prize for 20 years or so

Comment

If you'd asked me when it last happened I would've guessed Voeckler 2011 but it went to G on the day I was thinking of (stage 12 it turns out) for his tremendous recovery.

Comment

Can I just say, my favourite thing about the Tour de France is hearing Ned Boulting pronounce 'Woman Bardet'.

Thanks.

Comment

Short punchy mountain stage coming up this afternoon. This is the day Movistar have really got to try something, they can't just sit on and try to out-Sky Sky, this is where they need to use their three different options. Try and rip it, get Valverde up the road early on and see what happens. Other than that I fear a lot of the GC riders are going to be largely defensive as no-one is in a position where they can make a big daring attack, expect that most of the action will come from Bardet Barguil and those teams whose GC hopes have gone - EF most obviously with Rolland or Martinez. Could do with Contador unretiring really.
                                        Last edited by longeared; 18-07-2018, 12:31. Reason: Wrong French rider

Comment

An alliance of Sagan, Barguil, Caruso, Sicard and Dani Navarro.

Agree about Berto - he'd have ripped into this stage.

Comment

About a quarter of the field off the front in groups of various sizes. Sagan was first to attack and has just won the intermediate sprint. Alaphilippe is in the second group, the third includes Nieve and Howson which means Mitchelton have sent their climbers up the road to support Yates at some later point. Griepel is also there.

Comment

The television director has a side bet.

Third stage in a row with a close up of a rooster weather vane.
                                              Last edited by ursus arctos; 18-07-2018, 16:25.

Comment

Sagan's got his personal goal for the day. Does it well, too.

Comment

Liked that bit of road painting "COAL NOT DOLE NUM 1984-85"

Comment

Cavendish last on the road again, twelve and a half minutes behind the front of the race. He's got Vermote and Thomson with him while Renshaw is in a group about four minutes ahead, so he might get sent back again as happened yesterday. Time limit is likely to be something around thirty minutes, so he's in serious danger of elimination.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X