Watching two games the same day in different countries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching two games the same day in different countries

Flew today from Munich to Athens. Caught the Denmark v Aus game in the airport before boarding then got into the Athens hotel for Argentina v Croatia. I guess this is easily done now that airports and hotels in every major city in Europe seem to be showing this.

I'm pretty sure that neither the German nor Greek commentator was in the stadium. Neither used a co-commentator. No pundits. All the money went on the rights?

Last week I watched Denmark vs Peru in Munich before going to the airport. On the flight somewhere above Africa I watched Serbia vs Costa Rica. On arrival in Cape Town I watched Germany vs Mexico.

Comment

Disappointed. I clicked onto this thread expecting a BB+F style epic adventure including watching matches live in multiple countries (with added trains and cheese of course)

Comment

Nevermind two countries, I've only watched games from two positions - my office chair at work and my sofa at home.

I may venture to the pub for one game on the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
          Nevermind two countries, I've only watched games from two positions - my office chair at work and my sofa at home.

I may venture to the pub for one game on the weekend.
          We have a winner

Comment

Originally posted by seand View Post
            Disappointed. I clicked onto this thread expecting a BB+F style epic adventure including watching matches live in multiple countries (with added trains and cheese of course)

I once watched Stockport v Cardiff City in a noon kick-off and at 3pm was at Chester v Hereford - in the away end which is in Wales.

Do I win £5?

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
              I'm pretty sure that neither the German nor Greek commentator was in the stadium. Neither used a co-commentator. No pundits. All the money went on the rights?
              Terrestrial German TV doesn't use co-commentators. And they often only have one pundit in the studio.

That's why you see so many ex-pros begging in the streets in Germany.

Comment

The premise here is a bit too reminiscent of Phil Collins at Live Aid for comfort.

Comment

Originally posted by seand View Post
                  Yes, I think all future posts must mention what was consumed en route.

Nearest I got was a) Euro 2000, seeing games live on consecutive days in Nederland and Belgique (lots of frites, obviously, plus my nostalgic love of frikadellen in Ned; merguez in Belg, iirc

and b) Euro 2004 seeing the 1st half hour of England-Portugal in Chamartín station in Madrid, heading straight to the buffet on the overnight train, convincing the stewards we wanted Portugal to win and sharing their tension listening to Spanish radio as we headed West. sometime during extra time the signal went and we experienced the shoot-out via a Business Studies postgrad's phone (on an exchange in Madrid, Portuguese) as he got word-for-word updates from a pal in front of his telly in Lisbon. I'll never forget "Beckan...Beckan...FAYOOOOOOOOOO! FAYOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"

I was drinking Super Bock and eating peanuts. Sadly, after all that excitement on the overnight train (may not have actually left Spain before the end, but we 'experienced' the match in 2 countries) the France-Greece match we saw next night was absolute shite.

Comment

Once did games in four countries over a weekend - Grevenmacher (Luxembourg) and Metz then Leverkusen and Maastricht. I'm sure that one would have involved a lot of beer, cheese and wurst.

In 2005 a friend of mine flew Heathrow to Chicago to watch England v USA on the Saturday, back to Heathrow on Sunday for West Ham v Preston play off final in Cardiff on the Monday then flew back that night to New York for England v Colombia at Giants Stadium on the Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X