A load of Bulls - Conference North 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A load of Bulls - Conference North 2018/19

Chester get a nice boost ahead of the new season with a £1m donation from a local business bod. A couple of months ago they looked a bit of a basket case, but with the arrival of non-league's most famous power couple in the dugout and now this financial boost, they could actually be quite competitive.

They and the whole league are also receiving quite a financial boost from Hereford's inclusion in the league.

Comment

Matt Jansen resigns from Chorley on the eve of pre-season training starting. Replaced by ex-player Jamie Vermiglio. Not ideal timing, but I guess better than halfway through pre-season training.

Comment

Boston are being very positive/aggressive/exciting in the transfer market. The Pilgrims finished strongly last year and on their dealings so far will be strong candidates for promotion. Hopefully their Hereford away match doesn't clash with any GTFC matches in this part of the world.

Comment

Fixtures are out today.

Comment

Pretty ‘meh’ fixture list for York. Chorley away first game not the easiest start, Darlo for the Boxing Day/New Year turnabout. The one that’s whetted everyone’s appetite is Bradford away on Easter Monday. If the weather’s good and the beer tent is there, that could be a memorable one. Unless we somehow get in the play-offs, Telford get the honour of being the last ever visitors to Bootham Crescent.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
              Fixtures are out today.
              How is your new ground progressing? I believe work has actually started (a substation has gone up) on Boston's new ground.

I will miss the terrace at Bootham Crescent should the Mariners ever be in the same division as York again. I have fond memories of standing on it following Grimsby. Not because we won, just because it was great fun. In the same way I will miss Boston's club house and their new ground. Their new ground is also on the opposite side of Boston to the Skegness area where I travel from when home meaning it will take an hour at best to get to the new ground. With Skeg Town now back in the pyramid I fear my 'support' for Boston will waiver with the added distance, lack of club house, proximity to town centre and Skeg hopefully pushing on for the Northern Premier League.

Comment

It's progressing... unfortunately. Awful location, utterly pointless all-seated design flying in the face of all current popular opinion, and barring a bit of a surprise will probably still be hosting 6th-tier football next season when it finally opens. I can't imagine I'll be making as much effort to get through for home games as I have done in recent times; everything about the club just make it utterly demoralising being a York fan at present, never felt this low or disinterested by them.

Comment

It's a dreadful location. The road network is poor anyway and grinds to a halt in rush hour. Travelling to Saturday games will mean competing with shopping centre traffic whilst evening games will overlap with the evening rush hour. Either way expect the last few miles of your journey to be stop/start as you crawl your way into Monks Cross.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                    Fixtures are out today.
                    Shame our Kiddy (a) fixture is so early in the season.

Weekender in Brum kaiboshed as most people are busy with other stuff at that time of year.

Comment

Odds:

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...e-north/winner

Hereford are good value there. Might be a struggle for Darlo and Blyth and (When You Wanna) FCUM.

Comment

Still genuinely think they do the odds for this league based on which teams they've heard of more than on any evidence of what might actually happen on the pitch.

Predictably underwhelming start from York on Saturday - seems from the reports that none of last season's issues have been fixed and it was just same old, same old, to no great surprise. Roll on the annual October managerial change.

Comment

Shout out to the BBC's scores page for reporting a half time score of Alfreton Town 0-2 Curzon Ashton when in fact Curzon scored the only goal of the game in the last minute.

Comment

Southport have four defeats from four to really puncture the pre-season optimism bubble. Last nights tonking at Chorley prompted a very honest interview from manager Liam Watson

https://youtu.be/nkpEt0IlF4k

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                              Southport have four defeats from four to really puncture the pre-season optimism bubble. Last nights tonking at Chorley prompted a very honest interview from manager Liam Watson

https://youtu.be/nkpEt0IlF4k
                              "We've got a load of overpaid...... players" is beautiful. Wonder what other nouns he was suppressing in that pause?

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post
                                Chester get a nice boost ahead of the new season with a £1m donation from a local business bod. A couple of months ago they looked a bit of a basket case, but with the arrival of non-league's most famous power couple in the dugout and now this financial boost, they could actually be quite competitive.
                                They haven't had the best week though. After an 8 - 1 drubbing away to Blyth they were forced to cancel their home match to Kidderminster due to rain damage to their ground...

https://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/s...asons-15027351

Comment

So, a month into the season, did anyone predict Chorley would have a 100% record after 7 games?! Impressive stuff.

York's swift managerial change seems to have had something of an effect, although by all accounts we've still been pretty awful for large parts of the last two games.

Chester still postponing games due to that water damage has to be a worry for them.

Comment

So, a month into the season, did anyone predict Chorley would have a 100% record after 7 games?!
                                    I'm guessing Matt Jansen didn't...

Comment

York's swift managerial change seems to have had something of an effect, although by all accounts we've still been pretty awful for large parts of the last two games.
                                      I'm not insane so I didn't go to Brackley on Saturday but yesterday against Blyth we looked much improved for most of it. Penn's sending off was pretty bloody stupid though.

I may be insane as I went to watch Darlo vs Altrincham on Saturday instead. Darlington were absolutely awful. York have been bad but nothing like as bad as what I saw at Blackwell Meadows ( .... and I know they'll now do the double over York at Christmas).

Comment

Darlo seem to be a mess; perhaps expenditure on the ground has left them without a budget for players?

Comment

Maybe. I thought they spent a bit last year on players. I remember them taking Styche off Tamworth when he was scoring regularly for them. Possibly they overstretched.

The rugby ground where they play now is a great place to watch football but doesn't look to be of Conference National standard never mind football league.

Comment

We got a draw on Monday - we're on the way back!

Comment

I wish Chorley would stop winning. I think I'm at the stage that I'd like to see any of the "big" ex-league teams escape. If we can't let's see a Darlo or Stockport get out of this hole just to show that it is possible.

Comment

Silly season again – Nuneaton v York next week postponed due to international call-ups, with three of the home team's squad away representing assorted Caribbean nations.

Comment

Darlo are not in good shape but I don't know if it is crisis time there yet.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X