How Veron changed my life: Argentina v Croatia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pietro Paolo Virdis View Post
    Was I the only one finding it odd how Messi behaved during Argentina's national anthem?
    He was up with his hand in his face, rubbing it like something was bothering him, almost like he didn't want to be there. I'm most likely reading too much into it but if you can get hold of the image, it looked very strange. I got a vibe of Ronaldo 1998, the final, when they say he broke down "from too much playstation late into the nights", or whatever stuff was going around as explenation.
    The pressure on that man, with that shite team around him.
    No, I mentioned it live upthread. He didn't look happy then and with hindsight it seems even more significant. I was looking out for him after they fell behind and several times saw him just walking about aimlessly. It was really bizarre. Consensus among friends today was that news of a pre-match bust-up behind the scenes would not be a surprise.

Comment

Didn't look like confidence, that's for sure.

Comment

He had the look of someone who wanted to be literally anywhere else right at that moment.

Comment

Exactly

Comment

Incidentally, PPV, re the Serbian flag, is there much pro-monarchist sentiment in Serbia, or is the crown a sop to the Chetniks?

Comment

I honestly wouldn't be able to say for sure, Diable. I mean, all the time I'm with my Serbian mates and talk about our countries - which we do often - monarchy never comes up.

You know what, yes it does, during one topic. Kosovo. That's a very sensitive one.
              That's when they all of a sudden start to talk about the Serbian kingdom and what they feel should belong where.
              But it's all dreams and references and stupid stuff related to some past which never will come back.
              Like when Croats talk about king Tomislav and how today's Bosnia was part of the Croatian Kingdom.

Comment

Cetniks are not part of the Serbian flag. If anything there has been heroes down in Serbia putting their life on the line to get rid of that kind of bullshit nationalism.
                I sometimes feel sorry for the Serbs. They still to this day have to live with what once happened. When there's a new generation detesting what was old and youth was what in the end brought down dictatorship. Not American bombs over Belgrade.
                It's like Germany. Check a site with facts where you have 100 different topics. You find fast facts about food, Asia, whatever. And the facts vary. Mostly quite interesting. But if the topic is Germany, 99% of the facts is about Hitler or the Nazis. I mean, not that we should forget what happened, but poor new generation not even born during the cold war who have to hear that shit over and over.

Comment

What's the earliest round that Croatia and Serbia could meet in the tournament?

Comment

The Final

They are in opposite halves of the draw

Comment

If Serbia finish second (Croatia are already sure of first) they could meet in the semi.

We dont yet know which half of the draw Serbia if progressing will be in, in other words
                      Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 23-06-2018, 06:27.

Comment

Croatia aren't sure of first place yet - although it would require them losing to Iceland and Nigeria beating Argentina with a combined goal difference of 6.

Comment

Rogin's right- I was thinking that countback outweighed goal diff for teams on equal points. Must be the heat, apologies

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                            Those fucking tats!
                            Get used to it, once the current generation come through to manage and coach, the sidelines will resemble a mashed up tattoo parlour/behind the scenes of a football club reality show.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post
                              Get used to it, once the current generation come through to manage and coach, the sidelines will resemble a mashed up tattoo parlour/behind the scenes of a football club reality show.
                              As much as I hate this response, the Las Vegas Golden Knights are already subletting their video rights to their coming second.

The gap between saying you'll get a tattoo, and the reason for saying you'll get a tattoo, is like, a bit. And, the good news is, the tattooartistes are now on strike. Heh. I wish this were a lie.

Comment

So. Arrrghentina will get through, stink the place out, and Messi's shit will kick in? Cool. What about de Maria? Aguero? Higuain? False advertising?

And Mascherano? Romero (keeper)? And the United bastards? Where are they?

I remember the days when Argentinians were good at football. Say it ain't so ... sorry, lost for the Nominative inflector. Pedro? Dunno.
                                Last edited by Gerontophile; 23-06-2018, 08:22.

Comment

(got it)

Say it ain't so, Cointreau!

x

Comment

Not your boys, EIM.
                                    That's inside the stadium

Comment

I've no idea what's going on in that video, PPV, not why you've posted it.

Comment

I meant that it's not the kind of thing you stand behind. Nothing more.

Comment

TBF it looks like they're kicking the Croatia fan to get him off another fella. But who knows.

Comment

You might be right there

Comment

Working...
                                            X