How Veron changed my life: Argentina v Croatia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Veron changed my life: Argentina v Croatia

Here's likeable but shit Manchester United defender Marcos Rojo explaining how sexy midfield pirate, Juan Sebastian Veron, changed his life.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detai...ebastian-veron

I don't expect you to read it given I haven't. I just like the imagine of Veron driving Rojo about Argentina, like in a buddy road movie. Veron, the wise old head, Rojo the impetuous youngster always on the verge of a two-footed challenge off the ball. Perhaps there's an animal involved too. A dog, or goose, or bear. I don't know. I'm spit-balling.

I want to go to the cinema tonight to watch that 'A Ciambra' but I can't miss by beloved Argentina play PPV's table cloth bastards. A Ciamabra can wait until Saturday or Monday.

Just wanted to start a thread. Enjoy your afternoon.

PPV's table cloth bastards.
    Perfect. That's what they'll be throughout tonight's game. Film-wise there's an Argentine history film doing the rounds called Zama which I thought was great. Not much action, but weirdly compelling. I chose that over Eng-Tun, on the basis that I was in a cinema when Iceland won...

Comment

They’re not wearing the tablecloths tonight, at least not red & white ones.

Comment

I've fucked up, lads. There was already a thread.

Comment

I thought that was deliberately winding up tablecloth-man (PPV) who started the 1st thread

Comment

Happy to claim that to save big face. I might use this as the PRO-ARG thread, and the other as the thread for the foul gingham interlopers.

Comment

i'm not sure what supposed to be likable about marcos rojo. on the pitch he's a violent thuggish oaf, who compensates for his obvious deficiencies through violence, and hiding behind the status of the club he plays for and referees fear of his manager.

Veron comes out of that story looking dead sound.

Comment

Carry on with this, it's better.

Comment

In response to Levin on the other thread Kalinic was - as urusus says - sent home because he refused to play the last five minutes against Nigeria but that was the third time in two weeks acting like a wanker, and he's done similar things in Milan during the season. Gattuso benched him because he acted like a diva during training.

Croatian coach response to the media: If Kalinic can sit on the bench behind Cutrone, he can do so in the Croatian national side.

Comment

May our table cloth bastards make cevapcici of your goat carrying bastard, EIM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                      i'm not sure what supposed to be likable about marcos rojo. on the pitch he's a violent thuggish oaf, who compensates for his obvious deficiencies through violence, and hiding behind the status of the club he plays for and referees fear of his manager.

Veron comes out of that story looking dead sound.
                      I've put the things that are likeable about him in bold for you.

If you'd seen him in front of the away end at the end of the derby the other month, you'd have liked him.

Comment

Originally posted by Бога Нет View Post
                        They’re not wearing the tablecloths tonight, at least not red & white ones.
                        Yes, we're wearing our other table cloth

Comment

It doesn't have checks on the back, does it? What's the fucking point in that?

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro Paolo Virdis View Post
                            Yes, we're wearing our other table cloth

Is that Croatia's shirt this morning? I'm in love.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post

True but the front is lush.

Argentina are in white shorts too due to Croatia’s change kit’s navy/black ones.
                              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 21-06-2018, 14:17.

Comment

Don't you use tablecloths in your place? Do they have checkers on the back side? Didn't think so.

Comment

No table cloths in here. We're traditional. We mop up spills with an old Guinness towel and stick pint son beer mats.

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro Paolo Virdis View Post
                                    Don't you use tablecloths in your place? Do they have checkers on the back side? Didn't think so.
                                    Hang on. Checked tablecloths aren't lined. They're checked all over.

The blue and black shirt looks good mind you. It's clearly not the checks per se but the colours. (I know my opinion on the fact that red and white simply do not go well together will be seen as being a function of the fact that many of the football teams I loathe wear those colours, but it genuinely is an aesthetic judgement.)

Comment

Except Peru

Comment

Peru looks great, but how much better would it be if it were blue and white?

(Actually Peru does look good, perhaps red works on dominant white. )

Comment

Red and white ... it's blood and bandages, innit. (Something to do with wedding flowers... I know nothing about such superstitions.)

Comment

It would look like Guatemala

Comment

Happy to claim that to save big face.
                                              That gave me an image of Harry Kane.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                                Peru looks great, but how much better would it be if it were blue and white?

(Actually Peru does look good, perhaps red works on dominant white. )
                                                Agreed, Peru is white and red. Big difference.

Anyway, to what extent does this match rely on Argentina having a plan B? If it does, I think they're done for.

Comment

They've dropped Di Maria so that is a start.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X