X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3-min World Cup Survey by LSE & Oxford Uni

This post has received approval from the admin team

⚽⚽⚽⚽Football Fans (aged 18 +) Wanted ⚽⚽⚽⚽

Hello all! Could you please spare me 3 mins to help with my survey: http://tinyurl.com/2018wcsurvey

I am a researcher at the Department of Psychological and Behavioural Science at LSE. I am conducting a research with scholars at University of Oxford on the emotions football fans (of any level) experience during the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

The study divides into 2 parts. The first part requires you to fill in a 3-minute survey about your favourite team and your basic information.

The second part will happen at a later stage of the World Cup. You will receive a short survey (takes about 3 minutes complete) through email immediately after two selected matches.

Lottery prizes up to £250 (~€283/ $333) available for your time.

Share this link with your family and friends! Your few minutes will definitely help our research and science!

Thanks so much!!

I did this, but only so I could slag off England.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
      I did this, but only so I could slag off England.
      Hahhaa. Thanks so much. Hope it's easy and quick enough. The following questionnaires are of similar length.

I always find it fascinating about how people see the England team. Coming from a non-football country, we just pick the teams we like to support in World Cup.hahaa

Comment

I'm in. Rather perturbed to see 'caucasian' used in a supposedly academic survey, though

Comment

Originally posted by oxfordworldcup View Post
          Coming from a non-football country, we just pick the teams we like to support in World Cup.hahaa
          Don't worry, there are a lot of other Scots on here too.

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
            I'm in. Rather perturbed to see 'caucasian' used in a supposedly academic survey, though
            Hello Thanks so much for your help. I understand what you mean; they don't mean the same both linguistically and genetically. We just used it as the term is more widely used in US and psychological journals are mostly from the US. Thanks once again!

Comment

Which teams are popular among Scots?

Comment

Originally posted by oxfordworldcup View Post
                Hello Thanks so much for your help. I understand what you mean; they don't mean the same both linguistically and genetically. We just used it as the term is more widely used in US and psychological journals are mostly from the US. Thanks once again!
                they don't mean the same both linguistically and genetically..?
                Not sure you do understand what I mean: it's a hugely dubious term, coined by pseudo-scientists in the 19th century who had a notional racial hierarchy. Look it up/do some research/be reflective practitioners.

Comment

they don't mean the same both linguistically and genetically..?
                  Not sure you do understand what I mean: it's a hugely dubious term, coined by pseudo-scientists in the 19th century who had a notional racial hierarchy. Look it up/do some research/be reflective practitioners.

Ah I see. I totally agree with you on that.

And what I refers to is Carol Mukhopadhyay talked about the wrong use of Caucasian in America from an anthropologist view. She did mention something related to what you said as well. And I did remember some years ago people did talk about Caucasians as a group originated from Armenia with specific genetic make-up.

Comment

Having said all that...I just got my follow-up one as i had registered as supporting Argentina. Good luck getting any consistent psychological data out of my messed up frame of mind answering those! Or, perhaps, well done for finding evidence of the messed up logic of the football fan.

Which teams are popular among Scots?
                    PS I am Scottish...

Comment

I registered as Peru fan but didn't get a follow up. As there is only one more game at which Peru will play, it's going to be a challenge for me to get two follow up surveys. Not even sure if I'll be able to watch the next game either as I'll be in China and time zones will suddenly become problematic

Comment

I can see why they threw the Arg follow-up out 'early', mind you

Comment

Having said all that...I just got my follow-up one as i had registered as supporting Argentina. Good luck getting any consistent psychological data out of my messed up frame of mind answering those! Or, perhaps, well done for finding evidence of the messed up logic of the football fan.

PS I am Scottish...
                          Thanks a lot for completing it. There will never be consistent individual data. We just hope that there may be a pattern out of it. If all football fans are "messed up", then it is still an interesting observation!

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                            I registered as Peru fan but didn't get a follow up. As there is only one more game at which Peru will play, it's going to be a challenge for me to get two follow up surveys. Not even sure if I'll be able to watch the next game either as I'll be in China and time zones will suddenly become problematic
                            No problem at all. Just try your best if you receive it. I have many participants from Hong Kong, which is where I am originally come from. They also operate at different time zones. Have a nice stay there. Do sample some nice food, if that's what you fancy

Comment

I can see why they threw the Arg follow-up out 'early', mind you
                              You'll have a debriefing note when you complete all of them. Maybe your postulation is correct

Comment

Working...
                              X